An update on Frogmorton.

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 15. May 2016, 12:56 in Community Chit-chat archive
I have received a text from Toni - tests have confirmed that Lucy has acute lymphoblastic leukaemia which has excellent survival rates. We will all do our best to ensure that she is in that number, yes? DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Thoughts and best wishes to toni and lucy, xxx
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Positive thoughts from the Mig family and huge hugs .(((()))) Mig
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Thanks for doing PA duties DD
    Toni knows where we are and what we are all thinking / praying
    I have said if she needs me to text but I wont text her to bother her at this time
    Love
    Hileena
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Thank you DD.

I'm sure if we all wish hard enough, Lucy will be one of the survivors. Love and hugs.
    Christine
  • CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    Sending Positive hugs and thoughts (((((x)))))
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • MrOptimist
    MrOptimist Member Posts: 175
    Delighted to hear that Lucy has received a diagnosis. My very best wishes to both Toni and Lucy - my help is always here if they should need it.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    A little glimmer of light. I'm sure that'll be their focus. And ours.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    I agree, focus on the positive. Toni we are all behind you and Lucy, stay strong.
    ((((())))) Numpty
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    I'm pleased that the news has some positivity, that's good for the family to keep them strong, sending positive (())'s to Lucy, Toni & Paul
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Now they know what they are up against... Lucy will get there...and I hope that Tonii is doing ok...she will need to look after herself in all this but not easy....love to all of you (((()))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Oh everyone
    I bawled my eyes out reading this and the other thread too. Ron and Dd thanks so much.
    The rest of you - what can I say?
    You are all so very very kind and thoughtful. Every single reply, prayer and good wish has to help.
    My baby (she's the youngest here too) has an awful time ahead. Today comprises of a lumbar puncture with chemo.
    I will get on when I can and promise you ever single post means m than l can say
    Love always and please stay well yourselves
    Toni xxxxx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi Toni
    It was great to hear from you.....although we don't expect replies. We post because we all love you.
    Lucy has got a hard time ahead of her but you look after yourself as well......you know what stress can do.!!!!
    Is Paul home or away?
    Love and prayers to both of you
    Love
    Hileena
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Toni, you are only reaping what you have sown. You are a huge support to everyone on this forum and you more than deserve our concern and good wishes.

You are right – Lucy has a very difficult time ahead but, if she's as tough a cookie as her Mum, she'll handle it and she'll have the best support possible at her side.

Don't worry about getting on here. That's not a priority right now. Just look after Lucy and please, please don't forget to look after yourself too, if only for Lucy's sake. ((((()))))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Toni, Lucy

Sending you all my love and support. I can't imagine what you are facing right now but you are an amazing person Toni which must mean Lucy is too. You are so strong but I want to give you extra strength in case you need it. We're all right behind you and the girls are sending some double strength love and healing vibes too. Thinking of you and hope that today is as ok as it can be. Loads of love and hugs,
    LV xxx (((((((()))))))
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    I am still thinking about you Toni. What a lot for a young girl to go through, and how awful for you all. Stay strong and make sure you look after yourself as well when you can. xxx
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Sending you all my positive thoughts and prayers, Lucy, Toni, and all your family.
    Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • mike26
    mike26 Member Posts: 416
    my thoughts are with you toni and your little one,
    mike26..
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Thank you DD

Positive thoughts coming your way Toni and some more of these (((()))) you concentrate on your wee one, we will still be here when things get better..........................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Hello Toni and Lucy
    thinking about you and wishing Lucy's treatment goes well.
    ((((((((Toni and Lucy ))))))))
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Toni like Hileena says there is no need to answer...we are posting because we think so much about you..and want to help in any way we can....sending more positive hugs for both you and Lucy..(((())))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • RosieGlow
    RosieGlow Member Posts: 175
    Toni,

I just want to share something with you, in the hope that it will give you some comfort.

My friends granddaughter was diagnosed with what Lucy has, at more or less the same age. She is now in her early twenties and has been completely well for some years, although she went through a lot to get to that point. She went on to university, and is now travelling the world with friends.....Vietnam at this moment in time. Her name, strangely enough is.....Antonia, always known as Toni.

All my love and prayers for Lucy to come through as well as Toni did.....Much love.....Rosie.x.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello everyone, I am saddened to report that the lumbar puncture did not happen because Lucy's platelets were too low; it might be done tomorrow - let's hope so, yes? I know it will be far from easy for either of them but it needs to be done.

Toni, my thoughts are with you two. End of. Simples. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Dear Toni

I am so sorry to read this thread and the other one. My thoughts are with you and Lucy. I am sending you both strength and love.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Good to see you on here Toni. Don't worry about getting on though. We know you need to take care of Lucy. Sending some strength to help you through.

Thanks for the update DD. It is a little setback but, hopefully, it will be sorted out tomorrow.
    Christine
  • Mat48
    Mat48 Member Posts: 1,075
    My thoughts are with you too Toni. Matx
    If you get lemons, make lemonade