New too here and new to having PsA

darrenbees
darrenbees Member Posts: 5
edited 14. Jan 2014, 14:07 in Say Hello Archive
Hello all

Been like a balloon for 4 months rhummy confirmed i had yesterday i had PsA and start tomz Methotrexate

Wooried about so many things

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello darrenbees and welcome to the forum. Yes, arhtritis and the meds can be quite bewildering and scary at first. If you have any specific worries do post about them on the Living With Arhtritis forum. We're a friendly lot and we'll try to help with information.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, I too have PsA (plus some other junk) and I have been on meth for some time now. I have very little trouble with it but I started it far too late for any tangible benefit to be felt. The good news for you appears to be that you have been diagnosed quite swiftly so that, I think, stands you in good stead for a better outcome. Stick with it (and us) and we will do what we can in terms of information and support. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi Darrenbees
    Welcome to the forum
    Sorry I cant help ....I've got OA and other things but not on your meds.
    There will be plenty come on to help you that know what they are talking about :wink:

Love
    Hileena
  • poortista
    poortista Member Posts: 3
    Hi my name is Artur
    I have been diagnosed two years ago with R.A , having ups and downs
    good and bad days taken the medication that make you fill seek
    despite that I have been very lucky I so far can carry on working.
    For you guys out there reading this post don't give up live it's too short
    and remember when you having a break from pain make the most of your
    day or hours when you fell well.
    anyone with the same problem please fell free to contact here this forum.
  • stickywicket
    Hello Artur and welcome to the forum. I have RA too, for over 50 years, and I agree it's good to make the best of the good times. I'm sorry the meds make you sick. Which are you on?
    Steven Wright
  • poortista
    Hi sticky wicket thanks for reply, I am on methotrexate, quinoric and folic acid. I know there is a difficult disease to deal with can you please tell me more about your experience. I am scared that this problem may stop me to work. Have
    Been on medication for all this years ? What's the side effects? Too many questions but it's difficult to find answers.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    It is difficult because apparently we live in an age of answers but for arthritis? There are none. All we can do is try the drugs, cope with them as best we can (if they help) and ditch them if they don't. According to adverts and the young life should not be so difficult but it is. Life is not a gift, it's a con.

I too have PsA but it took many years for it to be diagnosed. I am taking a triple therapy which is controlling the disease but, thanks to joint damage that it caused, I also have osteo which does not respond to the meds. No matter. It is what it is and it will do what it will do. I will get on with it as best I can. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    I'm on exactly the same meds as you, poortista, and have been for about 13 years with almost no side effects. They work very well for me but I'm afraid my experiences before I started them will be of little relevance to you as there were no disease modifying meds for years after I was diagnosed so I was only taking NSAIDS and pain relief. I hope that, with the help of your meds, you will be able to stay much better for much longer than I did.
    Steven Wright
  • poortista
    Thanks for tell me that with the med I can do a normal.. Life.
    I wich all we'll and don't let arthritis beat you I hope one day they can find the cure for it.
    :lol:
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello Darren and Arthur
    Darren I am glad you have joined us it really helps to talk about things ..and the people on this forum are so supportive..and hopefully you will get some answers
    And Arthur good for you , this is the way I think make the most of the good days...and I hope you will stay with us...its good to have new people join us.
    Love
    Barbara