Do I or don't I ?

mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 14. Jan 2014, 06:10 in Community Chit-chat archive
We are having a new cooker on weds one with an eye level grill so less bending,the old one is being scrapped so do I clean it or not ? Mig

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Mig,

It was easier to work out than I thought - my pm to you kept being denied until I removed all s c r a p words (and I'd used it a number of times in my pm). I can now see the hidden word inside s c r a p so we checked the disallowed words and it shouldn't be picking this up as it has an 's' at the front of it. Being a clever girl, I've passed the problem on to our spam buster Mod, fingers crossed he will sort it, for now beware :P

Thanks

Mod
    YEH
  • mig
    Realised myself after message .Will watch what I put .Thanks mod YEH. Mig
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Oh sorry Mig and mods but this really made me laugh.... :lol::lol::lol: and don't bother cleaning it...says me :oops: :)
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Your old one is being scrapped. I doubt very much that it has your name, address and postcode on it so why bother with the cleaning? :? Yours in total puzzlement, DD.
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Oh Mig, mig, mig! Have I taught you nothing? Don't even think of wasting precious energy on so futile a task. Save it for the important stuff like bottle opening :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    Sorry Sticky must have had a senior moment. Mig
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Sorry, I, like Barbara, had a little giggle over this. And I'm with the others, definitely use your energy for something you'll enjoy.
    Christine
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    That's nothing, Mig.

Mod YEH is the one who cleaned & polished her old car before taking it to the breakers :lol:

Mod B
  • mig
    Now that's really sad BUT understandable. Mig
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    If it's being scrapped as in going to the tip then no, don't clean it, it'll only get dirty again....
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Oops, used the verboten word so my reply sitting in mods waiting area!
    If the cooker is being disposed of by the tip route then no, don't clean it, it'll only get dirty again...
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi
    You keep your precious energy for something enjoyable....not cleaning cookers, horrible at the best of times but when its being dumped!!! NO WAY :lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • rondetto
    rondetto Member Posts: 2,526
    I did the same last year Mig, bought one with eye level grill, much better than trying to bend down. Now I can do toast etc without any pain.
    Nah!! Don't bother cleaning the old one, If someone wants they can clean it.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Do you know the worst thing I did was get rid of my high level grill..I didnt suffer from arthritis then if only I had known... :roll:
    Love
    Barbara
  • mig
    I did the same about six years ago we had the kitchen done and had a new cooker with a glass lid though it looked good it was a cheap one ( couldn't afford a better one at the time )boy later when arthritis struck I regretted it,hubby missed the plate warmer that was each side of the grill. Mig
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    I had a brilliant cooker when I moved in to this house but it was too big for the space so I bought a smaller one. My old one had a very big oven, eye level grill with a spit. I remember one time when my sister came round, I had a chicken on the spit. As it went round, one leg and one wing flipped over then as it went round a bit more, the other leg and wing flipped over. Sorry if any vegetarians are watching but, despite feeling sorry for the chicken, we couldn't help falling about laughing.
    Christine
  • stickywicket
    Well, I'm a veggie, applerose, but, maybe because I'm a veggie simply because I dislike meat, I love that image.

I used to have an oven with a shelf that hooked onto t he door in either of two positions. Now that 's the one for arthritics. It was so easy to put casseroles in and take them out, top them up etc. When I came to replace the - uncleaned :wink: - oven only the bigger models had that shelf and we only had a small space. I do miss it.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi
    Like sticky I'm a veggie but by choice.....don't particularly like meat and detest fish
    I do love the image :lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Mig, you put me to shame. I haven't even contemplated cleaning the cooker which is not going to the metal disposal yard :oops:
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • stickywicket
    Ah, my soul mate :lol:
    Steven Wright