Sherlock

grandadpaul
grandadpaul Member Posts: 33
edited 14. Jan 2014, 06:23 in Community Chit-chat archive
Any body else watch this great BBC series?
Very very clever, shame they only make 3 episodes a series.

Comments

• hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I think it's excellent.....Just finished watching it.
    I could watch a lot more as well.
    Very very clever.....but his speech at the wedding was very "cringy" LOL
    Looking forward to next Sunday night
    Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    An entrancing episode and I'm pleased that they only make three per series - and I hope that this is the final series. It must end as all the great classics i.e. leaving the crowd wanting more rather than creaking on like Last of the Summer Wine, Only Fools and Horses and the like. I have requested the DVDs for my birthday (I have the first two series). DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    I only started watching it last series so need to watch series one! But yes it's a fantastic show and very clever!! The speech was very cringe-ish Hileena!! I wanted someone to cut in at 1st but was clever how it twisted and turned into how it was a web to catch the killer!!
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Love the series. Disliked the episode. For me, the wedding speech didn't work at all. I felt the scriptwriters had had more fun than I did.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • bubbadog
    I'm sure he made up for it in eye candy!! :wink::lol:
  • dreamdaisy
    If a certain Mr B Cumberbatch turned up on my doorstep, requesting my being his consort, then a polite yet firm refusal by this wondrous example of female beauty (yes, we are in the realms of fantasy) would ensue but, if a certain Mr M Freeman did the same? 8) DD

PS Get in!
  • stickywicket
    You can both have 'em. They do nowt for me. I'll stick with cricketers and rugby players. Plus Mr SW, of course :wink:
    Steven Wright
  • ouchpotato
    ouchpotato Member Posts: 453
    I'd settle for someone with own hair and teeth! Actually don't even mind if they don't have hair (as long as they don't wear a toupe!) :lol:
  • bubbadog
    If we're talking eye candy then Danny Dyer is for me! I can't watch EastEnders any more without drooling at the telly!
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    I've only just started watching it, he doesn't do anything for me though.......now if Mr Dyer should come round I certainly wouldn't step over him
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • grandadpaul
    Just finished watching tonight
    Well that was a roller coaster episode!
    Last one in this series

Did You Miss Me!!

:D:D
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi
    I enjoyed the first 2 episodes.......last night I thought was rubbish......maybe it was because I was sore and my brain couldn't cope with all the complications :lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    That is what I like about this series; the viewer has to make some effort too because the story is not laid out like a buffet. I thought last night's episode was intriguing, especially with its exploration of what the process of death could entail (well, that was my interpretation. As for the end - the unfocused stare of Andrew Scott is terrifying. Bring on series four with Moriarty says I! DD (who wants it to be January 2016 NOW)
  • ouchpotato
    ouchpotato Member Posts: 453
    That was some episode wasn't it? I can't remember the last series being quite so...strange. Or maybe my brain was working better then? Is that when the next one is DD? Jan 2016?

x
  • stickywicket
    I agree, ouch. I think they've really pushed the boat out this series, exploring ideas and techniques and last night's was a cracker. There were times when I wanted to ask Mr SW to clarify things but I couldn't because, in doing so, I'd miss something equally vital. (Quite similar to watching T20 cricket :lol: ) I love the way they don't go for tired old cliches but explore the 'what ifs'.
    Steven Wright
  • grandadpaul
    ouchpotato wrote:
    That was some episode wasn't it? I can't remember the last series being quite so...strange. Or maybe my brain was working better then? Is that when the next one is DD? Jan 2016?

x

Last series was two years ago. One before that a year.
    It depends how busy they all are.
    It will be at least jan next year before the next one.. more the pity :(
  • Michelle63
    Michelle63 Member Posts: 63
    I really can't get my head around it at all, I just don't understand anything that goes on. My poor brain :(
  • rondetto
    rondetto Member Posts: 2,526
    I love it too, but last night was a complete mystery to me. How many times has Sherlock almost died? What was that dream sequence all about?
    How come Moriarty made a comeback? Oh dear, so many questions and no answers, it's a mystery.(But good fun)
  • bubbadog
    Wow what a last episode!! Who would of thought Mary was an assassin! And Moriarty was alive! It was a jam packed episode of excitement!! I've just read we have to wait till Christmas 2014 for the new series, they are trying to get it done soon so it can be on Christmas Day 2014. Ahhhhhh gonna have to be patient. Does anyone watch Elementary on Living channel (Sky)?That's very good, Has Johnny Lee Miller and Lucy Lee in it.