A super salmon recipe.

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 15. Jan 2014, 14:04 in Community Chit-chat archive
I saw this in the Sunday paper and it had all the elements that appeal to me - four ingredients, very little effort and serves two. Bliss.

Ingredients

500g of salmon
50 g of fresh ginger
1 large fresh uncooked beetroot.
8 tablespoons of groundnut oil (I used olive because I didn't have the other)

Method

Peel and chunk the ginger and beetroot (admittedly this could be very tough on arthritic hands, sorry :oops: ) then place into the bowl of a food processor.

Run the machine to finely chop the veg whilst adding the oil through the feed tube. Process until you have a paste.

Put the paste into a food bag and add the sliced salmon. Seal the bag and put in the fridge for at least four hours before you wish to eat so the fish marinates.

When eating time approaches heat your oven to 180 c / gas mark 4. Put the fish into a roasting pan with some of the marinade (I used all of it because mine was quite thick) season with salt and pepper and cover loosely with foil. Bake for 12 minutes then remove the foil and bake for a further 8. Leave to stand for five and then serve. (Now, this is where I disagree with Sir Nigel of Slater. I did as he suggested and found that after the first 12 minutes my fish was barely warm, so I whacked up the temp to 200 and all turned out well - and I didn't let it stand either. )

I served it with plain boiled potatoes and steamed broccoli. It was delicious, a gentle mix of rich, gently warming and earthy. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Sounds yummy. Mig
  • valde
    valde Member Posts: 271
    Thanks for this is sounds great. Strangely enough I got salmon out for tonights dinner and was going to oven bake and serve with small potatoes but this sound much more tasty, I will certainly try this way tonight.
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    That sounds very tasty DD will have to try it next time someone's coming for dinner..................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • valde
    valde Member Posts: 271
    DD just to let you know I did this for my dinner and it was delicious. I adapted it for one person. I would definitely have again. Thanks
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Thanks DD..must say I love salmon...will let you know how it goes..if anyone can mess it up..its me :?
    Love
    Barbara