Hi

Options
DaveOB
DaveOB Member Posts: 39
edited 27. Jan 2014, 07:52 in Say Hello Archive
Hello everyone, felt like I should introduce myself.

I am new to the site, but have already found lots of useful information :)

I am 37 and was diagnosed Psoriatic Arthritis at 30. ( although I suspect I had had it since a bout of glandular fever at 21)

My feet/toes are a bit of a mess as are my hands and fingers, other joint pain comes and goes.

Have been in denial if I am honest till recently, but with 2 young children it can be hard at times. Currently seem to be going through an active spell, one of the worst things I find is the fatigue. Seem to sleep at lot!

I take enbrel, leflunomide, meloxicam and duloxotine for fibromialga.

Just about managing to hold down a full time job at the moment, but it is tough and leaves my with little energy for enjoying the family.

About to try and claim for some help through pip, but after reading the form it is a bit depressing and doesn't make you feel like they are keen to help!

Anyway that is me in short, looking forwards to joining in with the forum

Cheers

Dave

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Dave. It's nice to meet you. Sorry about the PsA. Mine's RA, I had it before my kids were born and, yes, it's tough with a young family. Congratulations on holding down a job for so long. It can't have been easy.

I now have grandchildren and they can be tough too :lol: The energy :shock: I wish I could siphon it off sometimes.

Anyway, if you've had a look round, you'll know the ropes - Living With Arthritis is for..er...matters concerning living with arthritis :lol: Chit Chat is for all other stuff. I'll look forward to seeing you around.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • DaveOB
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome. My mum has RA and in have no idea how she managed when we were kids on her own!
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    She was a woman :lol: (Hey, you walked right into that one :lol: )
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Welcome Dave ,we need a few more men on the forums chit chat get lively at times.Like Sticky I have RA but mine didn't happen till later in life.hope to see you around. Mig
  • DaveOB
    Options
    mig wrote:
    Welcome Dave ,we need a few more men on the forums chit chat get lively at times.Like Sticky I have RA but mine didn't happen till later in life.hope to see you around. Mig

Cheers Mig and Sticky, i am looking forwards to it :)