Very down - need some TLC

Options
DebraKelly
DebraKelly Member Posts: 398
edited 27. Jan 2014, 20:28 in Living with Arthritis archive
Quick update on me.
(I have RA).

As you know I came off the Meth last year to try and start a family.
Well guess what, I am now back on the Meth again.

On new years my chest condition Coshcundritis flared up again (worst than last year) and I ended up in hospital on New Years Day (not for long though) however the pain got worse and worse and I was given Tramadol from the doctor (not my own GP). It was the only thing that helped with
the pain this time.

I was a week off work at the start of the year and during that week I phoned my own GP and we agreed to go back on the Meth as it was the only thing keeping the Coshcundritis at bay.

I have been really upset and down since I went back on the Meth, it was the 2nd time that I have come off to try and have a baby and my body just can't cope without it. So the baby option is out the window for the moment.

On the positive side I have been a bit better the past few weeks and the chest problem has calmed down considerably so the Meth is obviously doing something for me.

Coshcundritis is one of the worst things that I have ever had, its even worse than my RA, (although it is linked to my RA).

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello again. I'm sorry you're feeling so low but glad that the costochondritis is settling down again. It's good that the meth continues to help after the lay off.

So, it sounds as if, physically, you are much better now and the depression is due to having had to abandon thoughts of pregnancy at least temporarily. Am I right?

I wonder if it would help to talk to someone about it. I know having a baby was / is very important to you. I guess you can't really move on until you've acknowledged the pain that this entails.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Debra
    I am sorry the baby thing is out the window for now,I can only imagine how upsetting this is...but glad you have got some relief from the meds..lets get you well agin and who knows...I really wish I could help more...but we are always here for you to unburden yourself...((((())))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Oh Deb, I'm so sorry to hear things have been so rough- but don't give up-they are finding new treatments all the time and maybe there will be one that will help you and enable you to try again. It might be worth talking things through with the rheumy team-I'm sure you're not the first to need an alternative.

Sending hugs {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}.

Always here to listen when you need to talk.

Deb xx
  • phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    Options
    Hi Debra,

So sorry you've had such a tough time lately. That's a great idea from Deb, re. speaking to your team about an alternative to methotrexate.

For example, have you ever had steroids to control your inflammation? See http://www.arthritisresearchuk.org/arthritis-information/arthritis-and-daily-life/pregnancy-and-arthritis/drugs-pregnancy-and-breastfeeding/steroids.aspx (mods, if this link isn't permitted, I'm happy to PM).

Best wishes,
    Phee
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    Hi Debra;

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Sending hugs and some TLC,
    Anna