How the heck did I do this!!

bubbadog
bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
edited 1. Feb 2014, 07:25 in Living with Arthritis archive
Since the weekend my left knee has been giving me some jip. I 1st put it down to the weather being damp and cold, but since Monday the pain has got worse. Yesterday I saw that it has swollen up 3 times the size it should be and has a black & blue bruise that looks like a smile!! It very painful, I can't weight bare it. I'm not sure if it's a flare or if I may of twisted it some how. But today I can't get warm I've had to wrap myself in my quilt and furry throw and put the heating on. I haven't a clue what's caused it.

Comments

• kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh dear, Bubba that doesn't sound too good. Think you need to rest it. Have you got any witch hazel, that might help the bruise. Hope it eases soon.

Beryl
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    You don't do my trick of furniture shifting with your knees do you, bubbadog? It's a bad habit of mine but the hands/arms are unwilling so I employ knees to shove everything around :oops: If so, that might explain it. If not the swelling plus bruise don't seem to add up. Try ice and elevation and, if that doesn't help in a couple of days, try the GP.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Hope you feel better soon. Mig
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Hope your knee feels better soon Bubba...................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Kittkat
    Kittkat Member Posts: 309
    Oh no bubba hope you feel better soon Xx
    How am I gonna be an optimist about this?
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    I wouldn't wait to see the GP, Bubba. You might have an infection or something (the shivering, etc.) These things are always best checked out.
    Hope you feel better soon.
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Hi, Guys sorry I haven't been around, not been well at all had migraines on and off and nausea. Our wonderful Toni told me it sounds like Vertigo. I'm feeling a lot better now so I'm back!!