How the heck did I do this!!

Options
bubbadog
bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
edited 1. Feb 2014, 07:25 in Living with Arthritis archive
Since the weekend my left knee has been giving me some jip. I 1st put it down to the weather being damp and cold, but since Monday the pain has got worse. Yesterday I saw that it has swollen up 3 times the size it should be and has a black & blue bruise that looks like a smile!! It very painful, I can't weight bare it. I'm not sure if it's a flare or if I may of twisted it some how. But today I can't get warm I've had to wrap myself in my quilt and furry throw and put the heating on. I haven't a clue what's caused it.

Comments

• kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh dear, Bubba that doesn't sound too good. Think you need to rest it. Have you got any witch hazel, that might help the bruise. Hope it eases soon.

Beryl
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    You don't do my trick of furniture shifting with your knees do you, bubbadog? It's a bad habit of mine but the hands/arms are unwilling so I employ knees to shove everything around :oops: If so, that might explain it. If not the swelling plus bruise don't seem to add up. Try ice and elevation and, if that doesn't help in a couple of days, try the GP.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon. Mig
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Hope your knee feels better soon Bubba...................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Kittkat
    Kittkat Member Posts: 309
    Options
    Oh no bubba hope you feel better soon Xx
    How am I gonna be an optimist about this?
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Options
    I wouldn't wait to see the GP, Bubba. You might have an infection or something (the shivering, etc.) These things are always best checked out.
    Hope you feel better soon.
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi, Guys sorry I haven't been around, not been well at all had migraines on and off and nausea. Our wonderful Toni told me it sounds like Vertigo. I'm feeling a lot better now so I'm back!!