Important news for Embrel 50mg pen users

helpline_team
helpline_team Posts: 3,464
edited 31. Jan 2014, 06:54 in Living with Arthritis archive
Statement from Healthcare at Home

Late last week Pfizer, the manufacturer of Enbrel, confirmed that there is a Europe-wide intermittent disruption in the supply of the 50mg MyCLIC pre-filled Enbrel pens. Healthcare at Home is working with Pfizer, the Department of Health and the NHS to manage supply levels to their patients through this disruption.
This only currently affects the supply of the 50mg MyCLIC pen. All other Enbrel patients will be unaffected.
Mike Gordon, Chief Executive of Healthcare at Home as said: “We fully understand how critical it is for our patients to receive a regular supply of their medication. Until Pfizer, the manufacturer of Enbrel, has resumed normal levels of supply, we have agreed a plan with the Department of Health and Pfizer and will be contacting all affected patients by letter and by telephone to discuss their delivery schedule.
Patients don’t need to do anything at this time as we will be in contact with those affected before their next delivery. We have set up a dedicated support team for Enbrel 50mg MyCLIC patients on 0330 123 0273 or via email on enbrel50@hah.co.uk. We are also providing regular updates on our website www.hah.co.uk.

Please note that this ONLY affects users of the Enbrel 50mg MyCLIC pen and that all other Enbrel and Healthcare at Home patients will be unaffected.”

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Crikey! I knew some people on here had had problems but 'Europewide' sounds like serious 'trouble at 't' mill'. I hope the manufacturers get it sorted quickly. Thanks for the notification, Helpliners.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • cherrybim
    cherrybim Member Posts: 334
    My delivery of 50mg Embrel due on the 27th Jan was cancelled owing to the shortage of supplies and re-booked for the 10th Feb.

I hope it arrives. H@H is obviously doing their best to cover all contingencies so here's hoping the dearth is soon rectified.

Cherry
  • cherrybim
    cherrybim Member Posts: 334
    Hmm...interesting to note that product information on Pfizer's American site is "intended only for residents of the United States.

There doesn't appear to be any notified shortage of the Enbrel 50mg syringe on Pfizer's UK site. Are they perhaps having problems with the supply of Myclic pens?

Who knows !