a problem worse than arthritis??

kevsue
kevsue Member Posts: 45
edited 5. Jun 2014, 15:26 in Living with Arthritis archive
Thank you to all of you who have provided me with support and advice since my initial diagnosis. During this time my pain exceeded what they expected from the OA that I have and further investigations indicate that I may have secondary bone cancer. Until they confirm it 100% I will not believe it, but I am having a CT scan to search for a primary on Tuesday. Stupidly I have googled already and the prognosis for secondary cancer isnt great. I am just lucky I have a great family around me. Guess I may be looking for a cancer forum soon - hopefully not!!!and I will always have OA too!!
With love
Sue

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Give us a shout if you want pocket duties in the mean time (((((()))))) Mig
  • thistlegirl
    thistlegirl Member Posts: 229
    Sorry to hear this Sue.
    As you said until it is confirmed 100% things are not definite.
    I went through this in the summer and have thankfully just gone into remission. My best advice is stay away from the internet!! but you know this, things are often out of date and inacurate.

I am glad you have a great family around you. Someone on here advised me to get better at asking for help, it often helps your family more than it helps you. It gives them something to do, makes them feel useful and makes your life easier too.

I hope you get the results of the scan soon, limbo is not fun!

Jenny
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I do hope it's not as bad as feared but we shall be there for you whatever. ((()))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello Sue
    I am sorry to hear this, don't forget we are all here for you pocket duties and here if you want to talk..
    You take care xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Sorry to hear this Sue you know we are all behind you...................Marie (((())))xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    So sorry to hear this, Sue. Take care of yourself and know that we're thinking about you. ((()))

Meg
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    I have posted on the other post you put but I will say what I said on the other post, I truly hope the Radiologist has got it wrong and it's not Secondary bone Cancer.
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Try to stay positive. Easier said than done I'm sure.
    I really hope it's not as bad as you fear, and I'm available for pocket duties as, when and if you need them.
    Take care (((())))
    Numpty
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    So sorry to hear that you're waiting on such an important test. Just keep talking and try not to feel alone. I'm glad that you have a family alongside to support you through- and no doubt by letting them help you will be doing them a service too as they wait with you. Try to stay positive.

Deb x
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Hi Sue ,I am sorry I missed your earlier postings ,but sending you all good wishes for a positive out look ,and definately available for all pocket duties and anything else your a very brave girl (((())))))Marrianne
  • kevsue
    Thanks all, I'm a bit tearful today, trying to discover distract myself and watch the rugby! I have always been one of life's planners and I just feel in limbo (unable to plan) whilst I don't know for certain. Well this is not how I planned to spend 2014, I was going to be in San Juan puerto Rico for my 50th in March and my daughter gets married in June. Trying to think positively!
    Sue x
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    2 wonderful things to focus on- I truly hope this becomes a positive year for you and the family.

Deb x
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    I too hope they are wrong. Sorry, that's an awful thing to have to worry about. Hope you get good news and soon. Here's my fingers crossed: X.

Maybe it is inflammation that showed up on the scan? I hope it's just that.
    Anna
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Will be with you for pocket duties as and when required, Kevsue. Do hope your appointment on Tuesday goes well and shall be thinking of you.

Beryl
    (((())))
  • Fionabee
    Fionabee Member Posts: 146
    Hello Sue
    Have just read your post. I am so sorry for the situation you are in, and can only imagine how emotional you are feeling. Uncertainty and not being able to make plans are something I don't cope with, how I empathise.
    Take comfort in your family and all the people here who are thinking about you.
    Love Fiona
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello Sue
    I am still thinking of you..and have everything crossed..and hope that the appointment on Tuesday goes much better than you think..you keep thinking of that holiday and your daughters wedding ..(((()))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Well, that's come from left-field and no mistake. I am sorry, please keep us updated as and when you can and I hope your plans for 2014 will come to fruition. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    Hello Sue,

What a tough time for you. I hope you've been able to distract yourself all weekend, but I know how difficult it can be to wait for this sort of appointment. I'll be in your pocket come Tuesday :)

Best wishes,
    Phee
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • petals
    petals Member Posts: 217
    Hello Sue,

I hope you're ok today, I just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you and praying you have a positive outcome to all of this.

Tomorrow is my day off and I will be sending you positive vibes all day long, take care hon, hoping to hear good news from you soon

Petals xx
  • marrianne
    Hi Sue ,I hope the weekend was reasonable and tomorrow brings good and positive news we are all thinking about you and ,will be here ((((())))Marrianne
  • kevsue
    Hi all
    Not the best weekend of my life! Just had a call from consultants Secretary and going to see him at 1.15 today. He is going to explain the mri results to me so maybe I will get more idea what they actually think. I have spent the weekend trying not to Google anything!! In a way I have come to term with it being something horrible, maybe this is the way I go, none or of us know for sure how long we have and I am determined to Carpe Diem!
    I will keep you updated

Sue xx
  • marrianne
    Very very good wishes for today Sue ,I think your pretty incredible ,hopeing for a good appointment later ((((()))))Marrianne
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Will be with you today Sue,good luck. Mig
  • petals
    petals Member Posts: 217
    I'm with you too Sue, will be thinking of you all day

Love Petals x
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776