ANTI/TNF

marrianne
marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
edited 4. Feb 2014, 14:57 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone I should be happy back posting in the cafe,keeping greatful and cheerful but I am not :( ...........still no further forward in pain depression tired cold grumpy ...dreadful day yesterday the usual wind rain hospital ..filled 5 little tubes with blood it hurt first time in 20 years I had tears from just takeing blood new tubes 3 coloured ones to check for ..hepititis 2 sorts and immune system and lupus ..apparently needed for fullfilling criteria for anti t n f ..then the chest xray for TB but before christmas the doctor said she was recomending I get it so why didnt they do these things that day ............... anyway got to go back in 4 WEEKS ... AND APPARENTLY I wasnt on methotrexate all that long either so that could prevent my getting the ant t n f so in 4 weeks could still be stuck like this sorry for rant ....oh did get a steroid bum jab good of them :) but for the first time ever it hasnt made any difference and one of my teeth is falling out my own fault I opend a knot about 6 weeks ago with teeth because my fingers were so sore other than that all is well hugs to all sorry about the rant ((()))

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh Marrianne, you do sound fed up! That's not like you. No wonder you're tired and grumpy. Being between meds is a very painful state though I think I'd rather wait a little longer and ensure all the necessary tests were done than just being plugged in to the anti-tnf without anyone checking for stuff that might possible go wrong. I guess they couldn't do the tests the same day because lots of others are in the same queue. I do hope you get it all sorted soon. If you're in a lot of pain your GP might be willing to try to get you nearer the top of the queue. Worth a try?

The steroid jab could still kick in if you only got it yesterday. As for the teeth - I'd suggest you get them sorted if there's a problem. A potential source of infection is exactly what you don't need on anti-tnfs.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,095
    Marrianne that is very disappointing for you. :( I had such a similar time getting onto my anti-TNFs, wondering how I was going to hang on while it all went through & like you having to get by on a steroid jab. Hope that does start to kick in, they definitely can work in variable ways, mine did. Hope they get as much speed up as possible processing all your tests but 4 weeks is hard to wait & I can quite see you wouldn't be happy with that news.. had to smile that you said 'otherwise all is well', after such a run of nasty things I would not be able to find much positive to say for a good while, at least. All the best, toady x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Oh Marrianne...
    What a rotten time you are having....these people do not realize how bad the pain can be....I hope that jab kicks in for you ..and fingers crossed they will get you back very soon for the treatment...((((())))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • marrianne
    Hi Sticky,Toady Barbara,Oh thanks so much for replies ,It does help it really does ,Other half was trying ..VERY TRYING :lol: his answer to everything is a nice cup of tea , and he is good but he keeps telling people in a very jokey way that its much harder being the partener than the poorly one because Judge Judy said so :lol: ..Sticky my appointment was later than usual and it did seem less busy so you could be right reason they got so much more done yesterday then the week before christmas and last wednesday it was a very full clinic ,Going to try to think positive about getting everything right first will make dental appointment ,Toady yes it is the waiting thats difficult and the fear they might say no Barbara you always bring calm and kindness to I really know how you felt last week when you shed some tears at your appointment thank goodness it passes So maybe tomorrow the steroid might work its the first time it hasnt and very much looking forward to the weekend family pub lunch on Sunday so no cooking :lol::lol: hugs to all((((()))))Marrianne
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Your OH was right on the money. It is hard being the 'looker-on' because you feel so helpless. You know there is nothing you can do to help matters, you know that your partner is in pain, is tired, is taking nasty meds, is struggling and that you cannot change matters. I had a taste of it this time last year when Mr DD was in hospital after having his nasty appendix removed. It wasn't an easy time for either of us. Currently my husband isn't talking to me after my 'adventure' last Friday. :wink:

I've been in this meds hiatus on a few occasions and yes, it is demoralising, painful and tiring, but it will pass because things always do. Be kind to yourself, that is an important coping strategy. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Just popping in to leave you some gentle hugs...(((())) xx not mush help I know...but you know you can unburden yourself on here...xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    I'm popping in to send good vibes to you Marrianne, I've been where you are and it takes every bit of will to get through. But get through you will and you'll come out the other side. From what your Consultant has said, you'll get the treatment so don't be worrying about that. Try to use your energy to do little things that please you during the wait.
    big hugs and good vibes. Ritwren.
  • marrianne
    Hi Ritwn,Thankyou so much for your support ,I will try to do things I like this next three weeks and try not to dwell to much,Thinking back over the last weeks yes the consultant was definately on side so that goes a good way and it will soon pass I definately need to sort out the wobbling tooth Rtwren I hope you are well to and having a good weekend ,Thanks to Sticky ToadyBarbara and DD for support hugs to all((()))Marrianne
  • phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    Hi Marrianne,

I'm so sorry you've had such a frustrating time with all this. It's good news that the consultant's on your side, as you say, and I hope you're able to sort out your tooth when you feel up to it :)

Best wishes,
    Phee
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • marrianne
    Hi Phee ,Thankyou so much for your support ,it really makes me feel much better ,hope your weekend was good ,I enjoyed yesterday thanks to o/h being patient and not having to cook sunday lunch ,definately going get fixed up with dental appointment this week ,its wobbling away like crazy but I dont think its going to fall out off its own accord luckily its a back one :):) I would love an inplant but they are so expensive so not really an option ,I to found the Methotrexate very toxic my teeth were pretty good prior to takeing it it also gave me thinning hair flakeing nails a rash top to toe but not to much sickness ,my eyes are definately itchier than they used be , but I am feeling more energetic thanks to the steroid jab I hope you are not to bad at the moment Phee and everyone else ((()))hugs Marrianne :)
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    Marrianne it's good to hear that the steroid injection is kicking in a bit. Hope you get your dental appointment sorted this week. My Daughter had implants done and they're incredibly painful for quite a while and there's always the risk of rejection as well as infection.

Hope the time passes for you and you get some good days to keep you going.
    more vibes coming your way.
    Ritwren
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    For the record, I don't think meth affects teeth. I recently decided to pass on the exhorbitant dental implant and opted for the much cheaper partial denture to cover my gap. I still don't know if I'll be able to get it in and out :roll: Watch this space - as it were :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Hi marianne ,Hope things get better soon. Mig
  • marrianne
    Hi Ritwren Yes I think in view of my medical history inplants are not the way to go even if they were not so expensive ,I definately wont be useing my teeth to deal with knots in future :):lol: I feel so stupid ,Sticky yes I do tend to blame a lot onthe methotrexate if it works its been a godsend to many people .. I think any later dental problems have in part been due to R/A and my age :( as I am knocking on a bit now good luck with your new denture ,I might be getting one myself soon ,And thanks for wishes Mig that sausage and mash you left in the cafe has my name on it .. if there is any left :lol::lol: oh it looked absolutely delish (((())))Marrianne
  • phoenixoxo
    Hi again, Marianne,

I'm glad you had a nice relaxing Sunday. I had a relaxing weekend too, just catching up with a couple of people and reading my book :)

I'm sorry you had problems with methotrexate too. My rheumatologist told me it can cause gum infections, possibly leading to tooth trouble. I've been lucky with my teeth so far, though they haven't all come through yet, for some reason!

I hope you've had a better day today,
    Phee
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • marrianne
    Hi Phee ,Thanks for continued support ,Haveing a much better day today ,did mannage to get to town and back ,in the best of the sunshine .still got plenty to read to .tooth still wobbling madly got my appointment for next week it cant be saved so its not critical and its not acheing,Hope your better to and having a good day to hugs ((()))Marrianne
  • phoenixoxo
    You're welcome, Marianne :)

I'm glad you had a better day and that you've got an appointment fairly soon. I've been hard at work today, but my PA was here this afternoon and we sorted through a lot of paperwork together! (I’m not very good at filing by myself, because I always get distracted by interesting things :lol:)

Best wishes and hugs for you,
    Phee