Another newbie- psoriatic arthritis

spots123
spots123 Member Posts: 4
edited 5. Jun 2015, 09:21 in Say Hello Archive
Hi,

I'm 24 and have psoriatic arthritis. I was diagnosed when I was four but it went away for a long period of time and has come back over the last six months. I'm on methotrexate and sulfasalazine at the moment.

It would be great to hear from any one around the same age as me as at the moment I feel so different from anyone else my age.

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello, I'm not the same age (sorry) but also have PsA plus OA. I also have a broken arm and can't type much 'cos it's all one-handed. :roll: We do have a forum for younger people but it's a quiet one - feel free to post on the Living with Arthritis board on here, it's where most people go and there is always some to read and - hopefully - help. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Hi spots just want to welcome you to the forum, it is OA I have and a few other bits of rubbish going on, as DD says feel free to post, it is not all doom and gloom there are a lot of laughs to be had as well especially on chit-chat. Nice to meet you spots hope to see you around..............Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Kittkat
    Kittkat Member Posts: 309
    Hello and welcome I am 24 with psoriasis arthritis . Feel free to message me if you want to chat :)
    How am I gonna be an optimist about this?
  • beckie89
    beckie89 Member Posts: 46
    Hiya Spots & Kittkat,

I'm also 24 and have psoriatic arthritis. I know exactly how you feel, so if you ever need to chat, just message me :)

Bex x
    <3 *Beckie* <3
  • stevedalkeith
    stevedalkeith Member Posts: 1
    Hi

I am only a little older (35) and was diagnosed a few years ago. I started on methotrexate, but my rheumatologist recently added in sulfasalazine too.
    I was coping ok with it all, but recently started feeling quite low with it all. Just seems difficult to cope with the pain and also continuing work.

I hope things get better for you soon
    Best wishes
    Steve
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello Steve, it's nice to meet you but I am sorry you have had to find us. I did the meds the other way round, I began with sulph and after a while meth was added. I am now on injected meth, still taking 6 sulph per day and inject some other stuff too. I agree, it can get one down from time to time (I call it the arthritis rollercoaster) - I was self employed, my arthritis began the year after I started my little business and after sixteen years of steady deterioration I decided to give up. The forum is a good place to come for a moan or grumble, you are talking to the initiated who do understand what the whole malarkey is like. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello Spots and Steve
    And a warm welcome form me,sorry you are both suffering, but you will get lots of support on the forum.
    I do hope you stay with us, its good to talk to people that understand, :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • Sarahd1609
    Sarahd1609 Member Posts: 64
    Hey everyone. I'm 31 and have been diagnosed with Psoriaticarthritis and ankylosing spondylitis.i struggle with it as I am a wife, a mother and i work 35hr weeks. My mood is often low which isn't fair on my family, so in one way it is nice to hear I'm not the only one. Who suffers like this as I feel a bit more normal. If anyone wants to chat feel free xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    A late but warm welcome to spots and Steve from me too :)

Love

toni xxx