Hands

Options
maybeceejay
maybeceejay Member Posts: 4
edited 14. Feb 2014, 16:21 in Young people's community
I have Rheumatiod Arthritis and Lyrica ( my medication ) is not helping. I'm having a really bad flare, head to toe pain, but mostly in my hands. Ice packs and cold cloths aswell as warm packs seem to make it worse, and my Rheumatologist is on holidays until the 20th of January. My hands are too painful to do everyday things, so I was wondering if anyone had any tips for easing hand bone pain.

Comments

• Julie37927
    Julie37927 Bots Posts: 35
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Have you tried a hot parrafin wax bath for your hands. Might be a little pricey as you would have to buy the unit which heats and melts the wax, but it is well worth it. Look online or maybe try and buy one second hand. Actually you could probably just use anything that would melt the wax (an old pot, a ceramic dish). You must be careful not to let the wax get too hot, just hot enough to melt, but not too hot that it burns your skin. The wax is reasonalby priced also. Apply a little mineral oil onto your skin first then dip a couple of times. Once it has dried wrap your hand in a towel and let it sit 15 minutes. Peel off the wax and replace it into the unit for the next use. Massage your hands and wrists a little afterwards, the mineral oil helps for this part. It really does help with hand and wrist bone pain.