Second Physio at the Gym !!

Options
wendgro
wendgro Member Posts: 296
edited 15. Feb 2014, 07:43 in Living with Arthritis archive
I had my 2nd physio session at the Gym yesterday we do 10 exercises 3minutes on each they appear to be very simple and I do wonder if it does make a difference to the mobility of the new knee. Scrap the word simple been in a lot of discomfort today knee is quite painfull alhough I have done the exercises at home as I do each day but with great reluctance today. I wish I could say the bend had improved but it hadn't still at 74% not good enough I suppose the saying is "must try harder" what do they want blood ?

Comments

• Julie37927
    Julie37927 Bots Posts: 35
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Don't give up. Often an injury to a complicated joint like the knee takes a long time for all components to recover. Just think how long it for your knee to break down. Tell us how your knee is after 10 or 15 visits. That may be how long it takes. It, of course is so worth it for your quality of life. Keep at it and don't forget your home work!!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Wendy I was wondering how you was getting on...sorry the physio is so hard...but suppose it has to..dont forget the ice and rest in between...I do hope it improves very soon...let us know how you get on..xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello wendgro, it's lovely to hear from you. Physio is hard work and it can impact on the joints, I think it's a case of listening to your body, doing what you can but not forcing things too far. No gain without pain does not necessarily apply here so take care, yes? And keep in touch. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    It sounds as if you're being well-monitored, wendgro, and clearly it is making some difference as otherwise you presumably wouldn't feel any different today. It sounds as if stuff is being stretched which I guess is what has to happen if you're to get a greater band. Take it gently and carefully. It will come eventually.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright