Update- if you're intrested

numptynora
numptynora Member Posts: 782
edited 8. Apr 2014, 07:39 in Community Chit-chat archive
I just thought I'd give an update on the furrbies, Max and Kimba.

They have been with me for 10days now and have settled in much better than I had hoped. They are little pensioners now so not so spritely. Max is diabetic so he needs an injection twice a day, he is sooo good and just sits calmly while I give it to him, poor little man had been so stressed before I had him had pulled all the fur out on his tummy and the insides of his back legs :( he went to the vet this morning and when I brought him home, he came out the carrier and rolled on the floor to have his tummy rubbed! his sister Kimba is so tiny ...about the size of a kitten!... has started to do roll overs for her tummy rub so I guess they are happy here :D

I still haven't got my head round how to upload a pic...sorry :roll:
Numps x
Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.

Comments

• numptynora
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Numps x
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Well Numps, they've certainly landed on their feet with you. :D
    They're very lucky cats. I'm pleased they've settled in so well, and you are so pleased to have them.
    I hope the enjoyment (for you, and the cats) continues.
    Take care,
    Numpty

ps lovely photo :D
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    They're lovely, and so lucky to have found you. Twice daily injections? Wow, not too many people would have offered them a home. You deserve accolades numpty. I might be a bit nutty, but every cat I've rescued seems to have known....I'm sure they appreciate you.
    Best wishes.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Numps thanks for the pics they are so lovely and obviously settled in..bless how lucky are they to have found you ..and how kind of you to take them in especially the one with diabetes.. :D xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    They are lovely Numps, good on you for giving them a loving home xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,096
    Certainly am interested :) they're gorgeous, I do admire you no end - I'm sure they do know they've landed in a safe kind place, how lovely for them in their senior years. Good on you. Tummy rubs are the best :D
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    They're beautiful, Numps. I really miss not having any cats of my own - we live on a main road and have lost too many. How lovely that they are having such a loving home in their golden years.

Meg
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Numpty your babies are beautiful, they look so happy together in their bed, I'm sure they are so appreciative of you giving them a new home. The fact they roll over so you can rub their tummies means they trust you. And you having to give an injection twice a day to Max and he lets you do it with no stress is amazing. They are both so lucky to have you as their new mommy and they will get all the love & fuss in the world.
    Have you been watching 'my cat from hell' on Animal Planet? I've watched it and I've learnt so much from Jackson Galaxy, great programme!
  • numptynora
    Thanks every one, I can't imagine not having them now. Max has to spend the day at the vet tomorrow....9'0.clock AM apt. ughh :shock: , I don't do mornings!.....to have his insulin stabilised, I wasn't told it hadn't been done when they were handed to me, I don't mind though, the charity will be paying for his treatment because I've given them a home :roll:
    Numps x
  • numptynora
    bubbadog wrote:
    Numpty your babies are beautiful, they look so happy together in their bed, I'm sure they are so appreciative of you giving them a new home. The fact they roll over so you can rub their tummies means they trust you. And you having to give an injection twice a day to Max and he lets you do it with no stress is amazing. They are both so lucky to have you as their new mommy and they will get all the love & fuss in the world.
    Have you been watching 'my cat from hell' on Animal Planet? I've watched it and I've learnt so much from Jackson Galaxy, great programme!

I haven't watched it bubba, maybe I can catch it *on demand*?
    Numps x
  • bubbadog
    Yes I think the last couple of this series is on Demand on the catch up page it's under Discovery. Also you can follow 'Jackson Galaxy' on twitter. Poor Kimba will miss Max today then. Hope Max's vet appointment is over quickly. It feels great to know you have given a couple of cats a good happy home after such a horrible time in their life, makes you love them more.
  • numptynora
    I've had to make the heartbreaking decision to re-home Khuno. (I'm sure I can imagine what you're thinking because I have thought the same!) He was getting so hyper' and stressing the others and me, I was constantly on pins waiting for who he was going to pick on next, he even had a go at me! so really the best thing for a peaceful house and the kindest thing for him was to find him a new home.

He's gone to a home where he's 'top cat' with lots of fields and trees around. The lady sends me photo updates and it certainly seems he's settled in very well.

The trouble is, I miss him an awful lot, but (that's being selfish) I know he is much happier now, and it's so much calmer here.
    Numps x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Oh numpty I really do feel for you, but how brave of you ..it will be better all round and I am sure he will be happy has Larry..but it doesn't make it any easier on you.x
    Love
    Barbara
  • numptynora
    Very true Barbara, and he does seem happier now, he's being spoilt rotten too, it's just what he needed! X
    Numps x
  • bubbadog
    Numpty that must have been a really hard decision, but in the end Khuno is happy and top dog and you and the furbies are happy and chilled. And it's very kind of Khuno's new family to send you photo's so you can see how Khuno has settled in.