Sad and unhappy

tinydancer
tinydancer Member Posts: 74
edited 22. Feb 2014, 16:42 in Living with Arthritis archive
As the title says I am having a bad one today, feel really down and unhappy about this whole situation, fed up being sore, tired and unhappy. But just need to get on with it I suppose. :cry:

Comments

• Sarah01
    Sarah01 Member Posts: 192
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Tinydancer,

Sorry to hear you are feeling this way. I don't know what your medical condition is and I understand if you don't want to share this, but I hope you feel better soon.

Take care
    Sarah x
  • tinydancer
    tinydancer Member Posts: 74
    Hi Sarah,
    I have RA, take sulph and naproxen and just stared few weeks ago on hydroxychloroquine. Pain is mainly in my hands, y'day I woke for the 1st time in months with no pain in them, was so happy but back to same old pain today.
    I have been getting a lot of pain in my shoulder and down my right arm as well for months now, been to physio twice and back today. Just feel like this pain is never going to leave.
  • Sarah01
    Sarah01 Member Posts: 192
    Hi Tinydancer,

So sorry to hear you are suffering with RA. I have OA in both hips, had my 1st THR 6 weeks ago. My aunt has RA in her feet, knees and hands and although I am not experienced with RA, I know a little about what you are going through.

Before the THR I was the same as you, had good days and felt great, unfortunately these were at the start and as the OA progressed, the good days turned into bad.

Stuggling with my recovery after the THR but I am hoping everything will sort itself out soon.

Take care and I hope you feel better soon :D

Sarah x
  • fortuna
    fortuna Member Posts: 149
    Do hope tomorrow will be a better day for you
    fortuna
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello tinydancer
    So sorry you are suffering like this, I think it gets to us all now and then..if it helps you carry on talking to us...I for one don't mind listening..some very gentle hugs..((((())))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Hello Tiny Dancer,

Feel free to keep sharing the frustrations.... many of us here have RA and are only too aware of how it can get you down.

Sending gentle hugs {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}. Hope the meds kick in soon, but don't despair there are many different meds out there which can help and it takes a while for all of us to find the right combination.

Deb x
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi Tiny Dancer
    Sorry you are having such a rough time.....I have OA socant comment on RA much
    I'm 4 weeks post THR {2nd one}
    We all get those days.......you feel great then you feel rubbish
    You just have to try and think of things you can do when you feel like that. Distraction.....what do you like doing?
    I know its easier said than done
    Hope you have a better day tomorrow

Love
    Hileena
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Hi Tinydancer, Hope your feeling a little better today, it's not easy feeling rubbish it does bring you down but as you said we have to grin and bear it and carry on. Sending you a (())
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello Lovey
    I hope today is a little better for you (((()))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Julie37927
    Julie37927 Bots Posts: 35
    I agree with the distraction post. Find something you love and do more of it. Reading often works for me, I remove myself from my own body and imagine being in someone elses pain free body. Often with RA we have good days and bad days. Take advantage of the good days and enjoy every moment of them, and on the bad days hunker down and pamper yourself. Do what ever makes you feel better, don't feel guilty about doing nothing or pampering yourself! You are worth it!!