Critical illness cover

Options
tinydancer
tinydancer Member Posts: 74
edited 24. Feb 2014, 11:14 in Living with Arthritis archive
Does anyone have a critical illness policy that actually states "rheumatoid athritis" as one of the conditions? This really is a mindfield trying to get cover....

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I would doubt it, tinydancer, as RA is not a critical illness unlike cancer, heart disease etc. i think you are looking for a policy covering pre-existing conditions. Most insurers will. It becomes more expensive but don't be tempted to withhold anything or else you might as well not be insured at all. Get a few different quotes before choosing.

How are you feeling now? Any better? I hope so.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • tinydancer
    tinydancer Member Posts: 74
    Options
    Hi stickywicket
    Yes I'm feeling so much better today thanks x
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Hi

I had a policy for critical illness which I had taken out to cover my mortgage but unknown to me there must have been a section for Total Permanent Disablement Benefit. I only found this out by chance when I went to cancel the policy as I was having to tighten my belt, if it hadn't been for a nice young lady saying I had a good case to claim I would never have been any the wiser. It is OA I have but my claim was for my neurological condition which is not terminal but permanent and getting worse. I would reckon RA would come under permanent disablement it is worth asking............Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles