Just in pain today...

Agape
Agape Member Posts: 76
edited 25. Feb 2014, 10:58 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all, I am taking Lyrica for my Osteoarthritis, but also have RSI in my hands, which for the past 48hrs has been unbearable and hampers any job that I need to undertake. I am worried to take any extra pain meds as I don't want to overdose. Would anyone know if Lyrica hits all sorts of pains in your body?

Thanks

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I'm sorry things are so bad today, Agape. We're not qualified to give pharmacological advice. Why not ring your local pharmacy and ask? Make sure they are aware of all the meds you're on. I hope they can come up with something.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Sorry to hear you are having a rough time agape. I am with Sticky on this one ring and speak to the Pharmacist for advice, hope they can sort something out for you...................Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Agape
    Hi Stickywicket

I know that many on this forum understand 'pain days' and when pain strikes sometimes you have just gotta tell someone. I will for sure ask a professional about my meds etc, but writing about my body hurting so bad it kinda helps to know that someone else heard me say… ((("I'm in pain"))).

Thanks for listening, I hope you're having a much better day. :)

Just seen your post Marie, thank you. :)
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I can no longer remember my last pain-free day (it was sometime in 1997) and for that I am grateful. As stated we're not the ones to ask about extra meds because we're not docs but maybe a trip to the GP is in order? Lyrica is probably not enough on its own but, not having taken it myself, I don't know its capabilities. I hope you can get something sorted soon - on-going pain is very draining. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    I hear you. I get that need just to be heard. Can you get an appointment to see your GP and chat through your options for pain management?

Do something nice for yourself today. I always try to make sure I do something kind for myself - however small - every now and then because life is for living.

x
  • Agape
    Thank you all for being so supportive. I hope tomorrow brings an easier day. :)
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Just stopped by to send some hugs and positive thoughts,(((((( )))))). Really hope that tomorrow is less painful, and that you manage to get some decent advice re pain relief.

Deb xx
  • Agape
    Thank you Deb, to round the day off one of my veneers dropped out tonight, right at the front, so I am looking gorgeous :mrgreen: as well until I can see the Dentist, so tomorrow just has to get better, right! Lol. :lol:
  • thistlegirl
    thistlegirl Member Posts: 229
    Oh dear you are having a day of it today. Look at it this way, tomorrow has got to be better!
    I hope you get your tooth fixed tomorrow and get an appointment with your gp soon.

Jenny
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    As the old saying goes "it never rains but it pours!!!!". Hope the dentist steps up to the plate and sorts out your smile :D . Did you manage to get any advice re pain relief?

Gentle hugs (((((((((((((((((((( )))))))))))))))))))))).

Deb xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, how are things today? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben