What's the Oddest Thing you have Eaten?

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 20. Mar 2014, 06:41 in Community Chit-chat archive
I have just inhaled a fly and couldn't 'rescue' it so I've washed it down with two pints of water plus a bagel with Philly. I hope I'll be OK. :shock: I used to eat clover and daisy flowers when I was a little girl but didn't like buttercups or grass.

What's the oddest thing that you have eaten? DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    i once helped a very old man with a drippy nose across the road and the wind blew.....

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • Julie37927
    Julie37927 Bots Posts: 35
    oooooh, gross :lol: I ate a sandwich made by my "trying to be so helpful" boyfriend once. After one bite, I noticed he forgot to take the cheese slice out of the plastic wrap. Hmmm, needless to say he was just a boyfriend not a husband!! :wink:
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Ants in chocolate..was told they were raisins..quite good actually...
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    As you all know I blithely assume that all will be well but, truth be told, I'm not feeling too good . . . . :(

Tkachev? YUK. :shock:

Julie? That bloke needed glasses! Mind you, you can't beat a lovely, floppy slice of processed cheese, yum-yum! :)

Barbara? ANTS? I hope someone was teasing you but I know that they are edible - whether that applies to all ants or not I don't know . . . . probably not. One can eat crickets, grasshoppers and I daresay some other bugs but . . . . . Nah, not for me. Yet again you're a BB - Brave Barbara! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mike26
    mike26 Member Posts: 416
    yes dreamdaisy
    i seem to remember eating a worm or two as a wee boy
    but it didnt last long, i soon went back to shredded wheat :)
    but dont u think we would eat anything if your hungry enough :?
    mike26 :o
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Flour beetles!

I opened a new box, dispensed a bowl of cereal, took two spoonsful, only to find small black crawlies floating on the milk :shock:

I watched a TV program about contaminants in our food :o Processors are allowed x % bug parts in our various foodstuffs, yuk. So I think we eat them all the time.....
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Many moons ago my OH & I went to Tunisia and went to a Bedouin feast.' A traditional evening of food & entertainment! We had the starter, main course came out in weird dishes, a type of stew very nice I asked the waiter what meat was it pork or beef? no he said it was camel!!! Wow my OH & I where shocked!! My OH turned round and said 'oh well it was very nice!!'
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    I used to eat paper as a child. :shock: I developed Anorexia Nervosa at the age of 13 and then later had Bulimia, so I always wonder if the paper snacks were eating disorder related or just 'weird child' related. :lol:
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    My ex mother-in-law used to give us salad sandwiches complete with caterpillars and bugs. Once we realised she didn't wash the salad properly, we started saying we had just eaten so weren't hungry.
    Christine
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    That sounds like my school dinners, Christine.

I've also eaten chicken claws as an impoverished students in Spain, drunk ants as ditto in Portugal and, munwittingly, eaten the bunny rabbit I'd cuddled the previous day.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Susiesoo
    Susiesoo Member Posts: 358
    When I was 2 my mum found me playing with half a slug! :o

Susie
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    I apparently used to eat dirt as a toddler :shock: as my mum realised when she changed my nappy to find an earth worm, there must have been eggs in the dirt and hatched inside me :D xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Curried kippers - well I was pregnant at the time :lol:

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    villier wrote:
    I apparently used to eat dirt as a toddler :shock: as my mum realised when she changed my nappy to find an earth worm, there must have been eggs in the dirt and hatched inside me :D xx
    Which reminds me, I once ate lots of delicious cherries straight from the tree until I bit into one and found a grub. I t ried another. Another grub. And another. The tree was infested. It was a long time before I ate cherries again :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Sticky, your rabbit story reminds me of the time I was 15 and staying with a penpal in France. The two of us were sent down to the farm to pick up some chickens. We put them in the garden. The next morning I came downstairs to find them on the kitchen table, all plucked and ready for the oven. I didn't eat anything for 3 days.
    Christine
  • Boomer13
    This is all reminding me of that song "The lady who ate the fly", then the spider, then the bird.........cat..... :lol:
  • tkachev
    I have eaten frog's legs and they were nice but ever fancied snails. But as Mike says we'd eat anything if we had to.

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tkachev
    OH has made a stew with ox cheek today. I'm not brave enough to try it as it sounds horrible.

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    I occasionally eat a dish of tripe and onions topped with
    two or three slices of black pudding.
    Some people including the Chief Fairy think it's odd, but I
    like it. Tonight, however, I'm on black pudding and pancakes.
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Anything cooked by Mr LV - one of his more interesting dishes being steamed radish with chilli :o his take on my request for a vegetarian meal.

I quite fancy black pudding and pancakes! As a child I always liked elder (I think that was the name) with vinegar which is something tripey without actually being tripe.
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    :shock: :o

LV, elder, is cow's pressed udder :o
    I think you take the prize :lol:
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    :o:o:o why did my mum feed me that?
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    i feel sick :shock:
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    I should ask if anyone has ever been really, really hungry.I have eaten many things, wild plants, once had some Alligator, kangaroo, snake, horse but we all ate that according to the news. I never knowingly ate a spider. I once ate monkey in the far east but I was a little upset over that when I found out.
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • Boomer13
    I didn't eat for two days once (not because of illness). I remember actually crying as I rudely devoured my hamburger. I think the sensation of hunger goes away after fasting/starving for a while?

.......Or, after reading some of the above posts :mrgreen: Cow's udder? Really? Never heard of that.