Can't drive anymore!

Lubs
Lubs Member Posts: 155
edited 28. Feb 2014, 08:48 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi,

Sorry I haven't posted in a while but I have been reading them. I am just really tired. I find that I have a lot of energy in the mornings until 12 then I crash, I have no energy whatsoever.

My husband and I discussed my ability to drive and came to the conclusion that I cannot drive at the moment without putting myself and others at risk. My hands go numb with pins and needles even for a short 5 minute drive to my mother's.

So I tired to walk a short distance yesterday. However, I kept on tripping up. I do not know what was happening. I was walking slowly, not rushing and using my walking stick, but every few steps I kept on tripping up. In fact if it wasn't for the walking stick I would have been flat on the floor. Does anyone know why this happens or what causes this?

Thank you
Lubs :D

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Aww Lubs I am sorry, but like you say its for the best..I am so glad I gave up driving before arthritis made sure I couldn't..I have had a few falls..but now I use my crutches or crutch depending on what I am doing, you make sure you keep hold of that sick..who knows you might be able to get back to your driving..never give up..xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I, too, am sorry to read this, Lubs. It doesn't sound like my RA. I believe you were seeing your consultant a few days ago. What did he make of it?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Susiesoo
    Susiesoo Member Posts: 358
    I am also sorry to hear this, Lubs. One of my many fears is no longer being able to drive. I can't help with the tripping problem, but I do hope things improve for you.

Susie
  • Lubs
    Lubs Member Posts: 155
    Hi,

Yes SW I did have a consultant appointment for this week. However, I was called at 2.50 the same day and told that the appointment had been cancelled due to over booking. I did tell them that I was just leaving for the hospital and my husband has taken time off work to drive me. All I got was that you may get an appointment in two weeks time, if you wish to complain you can to this person!

I will be seeing my rheumatology nurse on Monday 3rd for my infusion so hopefully I could discuss it with her then.

I'm not in a good place at the moment. :(

Lubs x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I think that's a good plan and do it before she starts the infusion just to be on the safe side. The stumbling and incontinence do sound a little worrying to me.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Hi lubs, I'm sorry your having such a ruff time, The rhummy nurses are there to help you if you have any new problems they can help or if it fairly minor or when it's more serious they can send you straight to the consultant so when you see your Rhummy Nurse definitely tell her about what has been going on and if she can't help you will see the consultant. Let us know how you get on.
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Oh Lubs, that must be a blow for you. I remember a previous thread of yours and felt quite worried about your symptoms for you, have you had any further investigations? Hope your rheum nurse can shed some light. All the best x