Rasing funds for Young ppl with Arthritis

BluesWalk
BluesWalk Member Posts: 48
edited 28. Feb 2014, 06:10 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hello everyone and thanks in advance for taking the time to read my post.

I attend the 'joint potential' programme with Arthritis care for young people 16-25 in Scotland. Over the past year i have met some amazing people who have changed my life and thought it would be a good idea if we could have an end of the year annual party. It would basically mean a thank you to the people that run the events and give them a chance to let their hair down in the company of their young arthritis friends.

What's a good way to raise money for this kind of event? Also if you have any advice or tips that would be great too!

Thanks again,

BluesWalk

Comments

• Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Can you do sponsored events such as; a sponsored silence or a sponsored head shave if you're feeling brave? :wink: Do you think you'd have members who are able to do the bag packing thing in big supermarkets? Also, I know bake sales tend to go down well, especially at schools and offices.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello BluesWalk
    There are so many ways to raise money...sponsorship of some kind..raffles..making cakes to sell..I could go on..but I do wish you good luck with it all..
    Love
    Barbara
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Cakes is a good one, you also could get family and friends to give you stuff they don't want and have a car boot sale.
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles