My Mum

numptynora
numptynora Member Posts: 782
edited 16. Mar 2014, 14:37 in Community Chit-chat archive
My Mum passed away in 2001, she was taken into hospital today (her birthday) and we lost her on the 22nd (my sons birthday) she was 89 and couldn't believe she had got to that age

I bought a lilac tree (her favorite) in remembrance of her in 2002 but, it died so I have bought a rose, I was going to plant it today but the wind is so bitterly cold (the joints seize up!) I can't stay out there I hope it's a bit warmer tomorrow so that I can get on with the planting.

I still miss her so very much.
Numps x
Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    numpty my middle GD is 13 today... :) I lost my mum over 30 years ago now and I so wish she was here..what a lovely thing to do ..planting a rose..I do hope the weather will be ok tomorrow..but something tells me you will plant it anyway..I am sure your mum will be watching down on you...(((((())))) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Numpty that is a lovely idea. I lost my mum 3 years ago and her sisters bought each of her children a rose. I put mine in a pot and it stands next to the garden swing mum and dad bought me. I hope you get to plant it tomorrow.
    Christine
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Oh Numpty that is so nice
    I lost my mum 17 years ago she was 75 and my dad 46 nearly 47 years ago he was only 47 still miss them I have a photo frame with four pictures of them on my living room wall and either side I have \ poppy cross I always used to take on and out on their grave on remembrance Sunday but find it difficult to get to the cemeteries these days so the poppy crosses were put by the photos .
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Numpty We (My OH & I) have planted two rose bushes in memory of my OH's Mom & Dad who passed away (his Dad 4yrs ago, Mom 8yrs ago) I wanted Rose Tree's but decided on bushes, I wanted yellow roses for Mom because they where her favourites. They do look beautiful when they bloom.
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    My Dad died in 1987 he was only 61 I was 26, he and mum owned a petrol station in a village called Ipsden and when we were kids he planted some trees across the road and said to us when he was dead and gone we'd see them there and think of him, he was right, they r still there and a lot lot bigger these days, I've also followed in his tradition, I've planted 3 giant red wood saplings on the farm down the bottom of the village, Ive also got 5 Eucalyptus saplings and will plant them out in a few years once they've got big enough, I picked them as they can cope with weather extremes so global warming won't bother them.:(
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    Well I managed to plant the rose, and a few other plants at the same time but, not before the cats fertilised the compost!!!! :roll: never mind, I cleared it up and carried on, now I've put chicken wire over the whole area :lol:
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Its such a lovely tradition,like Mell says he can still look at the trees his dad planted...wish I could they flattened the house I was brought up in and there were 2 trees my parents planted ..I was so sad to see the end of them..even tried to dig one up before he bulldozer moved in..glad you got it done numpty... :D ((()))xx
    Love
    Barbara