Ard as Tony tjt6768

mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 24. Mar 2014, 09:25 in Community Chit-chat archive
Well for some odd reason last night I decided it would be a really good idea to cut through a piece of plastic tubing with a nearly new Swan Morton scalpel blade, even now I don't know how I did it but with a large amount of force I slipped and slashed the blade across the back of my fingers, you know its bad when it doesn't hurt and I peaked at the wound on my middle finger and bent it ever so slightly only to see the skin part and show a really deep and clean cut, what to do I wondered?, (I panicked and sprayed blood about for a bit) well after I'd calmed down I quickly nipped out to my shed, washed the wound in T tree oil and then keeping the blood to a minim I stuck it back together with superglue and set it with accelerator to set it and bingo it worked!. The cut is about a 3rd of the way through the top of my finger and last night it ached somewhat but today its doing well, I don't even have any cover on it and I can slightly bend it so no long term damage done!.
If you ask me thats almost as ARD as our mate from up tut North AKA tjt6768. He may have Kruptonite for blood and Kevlar skin but I think i'm nearly as ARD as he is which ain't bad for a soft southerner like myself!.

Regards

ARD as Tony tjt6768 Mell!! :lol:

Comments

• bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    You are totally mad Mell!! But if it works good job! But I hope it don't come back to bite you on the bum, check it's ok to do on the 'interweb' (fast N loud saying (Programme on Sky!)). You stay tuff my friend!!!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Blimey Mell didn't think anyone was has hard has Tony...I'm a northerner and quite hard for a women...but couldn't super glue my finger..now I have to figure out if this is a meds induced dream... :? if not hope it heals well... :)
    Love
    Barbara
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :o:o:o

There should be a smilie for speechless!!!!
    Numpty
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    Oh good heavens...super glue....I'm speachless Mel, I hope it doesn't rot your flesh :shock:
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    That's quite a story..... :o I think there is a medical glue that is similar to superglue that we buy off the shelf. Not that we should all be gluing ourselves...

My nephew just had his forehead glued up (by a medical professional, btw :)) after being hit accidentally with a golf club.
  • mellman01
    H all well its still on me hand so it must have worked, it did split when I took our Murphy to the vets as the lead pulled it but apart from that it doesn't look to bad, there's a bit of bruising on the knuckle and Ive got it splinted so I don't bend it but i'm confident it will be good to go in a few days, oh and Bommer the stuff they use in hospitals I think is called low odour super glue, mine was cheap old pound shop stuff but it works OK, I also use an accelerant to fix it though so it sticks before there to much leakage, I must say I'll be glad to get this splint off its doing me head in.
  • Boomer13
    Ok, next time I cut myself will you fix it please?

PS, I don't know if have these at your pharmacy, but there called butterfly closures and are a sturdy strip-type bandage that holds a wound closed. They work great (that is, if you give up your super-glue experiment :D )
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Oh Mell!!

you daft man (insert more appropriate term for yourself :wink: )

Be careful in future :roll:

Yes you ARE well 'ard :lol:

love

Toni xxx
  • mellman01
    Hi Boomer Toni and all well today Ive actually got the splint off, it was a bit sore last night and I did wonder if there was a bit of infection starting but it wasn't and now although it looks a bit of a mess its closed up and I can bend my finger with little problem, maybe next time I also use some butterfly stitches as it would have helped, I bet u can get them on e bay!. Oh forgot, was watching a fly on the wall prig on hospitals a while back and a young girl came in with a cut on her forehead and they glued it together as its meant to leave less of a scar so I'll let u know how it goes.
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    You need to be very careful comparing your namby pamby super glue girliness to my proper toughness mell... or next time you'll need more than super glue to hold you together!!!!

Haha :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    tjt6768 wrote:
    You need to be very careful comparing your namby pamby super glue girliness to my proper toughness mell... or next time you'll need more than super glue to hold you together!!!!

Haha :D
    :shock: :shock: oooooh watch out Mell Tony's about...its so good to see you and hope things aren't too bad...x
    Love
    Barbara
  • mellman01
    OMG he found me out and called my bluff!. :oops: :shock:
  • Boomer13
    Do I sense a duel brewing here? :)
  • bubbadog
    Ohhhhh battle to see who is the ardest!!! :shock:
  • mellman01
    I'm not that daft he has liquid Kryptonite for blood and can hammer nails in with his bare hands, its rumoured that the boxing day Tsunami was caused my him sneezing, its even been voiced that global warming is down to him having a liking of hot curries but don't ask me to try and find out, I need me teeth to chew me food and anyway to be fair I'm soft and all southern like so I'll send the wife to find out instead!.
  • bubbadog
    They say when Tony breaks wind it can cause a hurricane and tornado's, so hide the vindaloo!! If Tony has Kryptonite in his blood I will send you some Gammer to add to yours but look out for the side effects it can change your skin green! :o:lol:
  • Susiesoo
    Susiesoo Member Posts: 358
    Wow....how lovely to see both Toni and Tony! Thinking of you both and hope to see you again soon.

Susie x
  • mellman01
    Every time I think of Tony I go into post traumatic stress, the merest rumble of thunder sends me under the stairs, why I don't know as it would do know good he can smell the blood of a southern at over 10 miles!. As for me finger now all the goo has gone its healing really well and wasn't as bad as I thought thew cut was much deeper on one side than the other but that said I'll probably have a small scar but thats all, my poor old right hand is littered with stabs and cuts, the worst is a gash on my thumb that needed 8 stitches, I tried to stop a radio controlled aeroplane engine with it when I was 17, it worked but the trip to a & e was a bit of a drag!.
  • bubbadog
    You are accident prone Mel!! What possessed you to stop a model airplane engine with your hand?!
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Quick hello to all my friends.
    I hope you are all going on ok.

Mell. . Mmmmm..
    I think I may have to pay you a visit and teach you a lesson or two.
    Lol
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • mellman01
    Noooooooooooooooooooooo he's back!.right I'm off to hide under the stairs, and if he turns up I'll deploy the fur missile I.E I'll chuck Ozzy our dog at him by the time he's delt with him I'll be half way across Berkshire!. :lol: