Age is just a number

Options
bubbadog
bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
edited 17. Mar 2014, 08:07 in Community Chit-chat archive
I was talking to my good friend in The Netherlands earlier on Skype and I was saying how I felt turning 41 is freaking me out and that I keep thinking I'm only 9 years away from 50 now! :shock: But I still feel 18 in my head which is weirding me out. Then I thought if I turn it round then I'm only 14!! :wink: But then remembered that time was a horrible time in my life. So I will stick with the 41 year old with the mind of an 18 year old, right who's for a drink then........... :D

Comments

• Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Never one to turn down a drink Bubba, I'll join you.
    As I'm now 58 I'm dreading 60! But I can't do anything about it, so think I'll have a big party to celebrate :wink:
    In my head I'm 24, sadly my body isn't in my head :?
    Happy birthday,
    Numpty
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    Options
    I like your thinking bubba :D

I remember being 29, I was dreading coming up to 30, my friends bought me a pack of 'bob martins' conditioning and a bottle of 'sonatogen (sp) tonic' to see me through!!!
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    I don't think that feeling goes away. I know several people, healthy painfree ones :shock: that are seventy and beyond who say they feel in their heads they are still in their 20's...
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    I'm 58 but the only time I think about it is when I'm filling forms in. Otherwise I'm about 30 still. I'm glad I'll only be 20 when I'm 70 Boomer. :lol:
    Christine
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi
    I'm 67.......but only my body reminds me of that :lol:
    In my mind I'm a lot younger.
    I was told once that ................Age is mind over matter

If you don't mind..........it doesn't matter :lol:

I liked that one

Love
    Hileena
  • bubbadog
    Options
    Well it looks like we all feel the same way! Glad I'm not the only one and going alittle do-lalley!!
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I'm counting backwards. So instead of being 51 this year I was 49 again.

Actually I'm enjoying my life in my 50's. I no longer worry about putting on weight, make-up and expensive clothes. I'm happy in myself at long last.

All the best
    Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • krisbe
    krisbe Member Posts: 95
    Options
    I am 58 and I am absolutely dreading being 60. I must admit lately because of my arthritis I have been feeling about 70 but hopefully with my new hip I will be back to feeling 40 again, especially when I get back to my weight as I am somewhat peeved that I have put on a stone since having my THR which I know is all the fluid in my leg!
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,925
    Options
    Hello Bubba
    I feel young in my mind and think I can do anything I used to do and wonder why I cant then I remember my sister sue and I will be 73 this year
    never mind we have are dogs and mobility scoota's
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • bubbadog
    Options
    Wow! I'm blown away at the response to my little 'getting off the chest' post! I'm so pleased I'm not the only one who feels younger in their head and still want to do things so when they get the chance try and adapt it so you still can. My OH has found a place where you can interact with some amazing animals like holding and feeding a meerkat and walking with a lioness cub! His business partner went to this place the weekend and was going to look into disabled people being able to doing the experience at this place which is in Telford. So fingers crossed I can go and do it!! :?
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    Options
    That sounds wonderful bubba...do let us know
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    bubba sorry I'm late seeing this....41 eh like you say we have to make the most of what we have..I'm 64 in May... :shock: I feel like I was in my 30s then turned around and fell into my 60s...very strange how quickly times goes...I do feel lucky that there are so many places that cater for disabled..the place you talk about sounds so lovely..you enjoy..by the way forgot to say I am 20 in my head..my GC think I am cool.. :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    It's a common phenomenon, my mum died aged six months before her 90th birthday but still felt '21 inside'. I reckon that those who defy their age do so by keeping their minds active and alert. I'm 55, feel 105 and remember turning 30 as the best year of my life; it's been downhill ever since. :lol: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben