Update on Mum

jenzie06
jenzie06 Member Posts: 708
edited 25. Mar 2014, 16:38 in Community Chit-chat archive
For the past three years I have been asking people here for positive thoughts and prayers as Mum went through her cancer battle.

I just wanted to let you all know that she finally lost that battle on Tuesday. She went after going downhill with spectacular speed. She was in Dad's arms and they were on their own (the nurse having stepped out to get her colleague) just as she wanted.

She smiled until the last few hours.

She's not going to get to meet my or my sister's babies. But she knew what we were having and was extremely pleased. It's going to be hard to have them and know that she won't see them.

Thank you for all your prayers and good wishes, they were very much valued, mum was incredibly strong and defied the doctors predictions. Just a shame we couldn't have had a miracle.

Comments

• Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    So sorry for your loss. Your mum sounds like a very brave lady.
    You are in my thoughts. ((((()))))
    Numpty
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    So sorry to hear your news - my condolences. Take care of yourself. ((()))

Meg
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    I'm so sorry for your loss, I send you my deepest sympathy at this awfully sad time. (())
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    So sorry or your loss Jenzie, my condolences to you and your family, thinking of you all....................Marie ((((())))) xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Thinking of you and your family at this sad time.Mig
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello Jen
    I am so sorry to hear your mum has passed away,she is not in pain now..but you will be..its awful when we lose out parents..they have always been there , but believe me she will be still watching over you, I was told this many years ago when I lost my parents..and have felt it many a time..sending you lots of very gentle hugs..(((((()))) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • celebrationb
    celebrationb Member Posts: 134
    edited 25. Mar 2014, 09:03
    Sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my father years ago and my mum has not been to well. something I tell my kids is that "although your mum is not here to hug but she is still in your heart and memories." thinking about you
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello Jen
    I am so sorry to hear your mum has passed away,she is not in pain now..but the pain will have passed to you..its awful when we lose out parents..they have always been there , but believe me she will be still watching over you, I was told this many years ago when I lost my parents..and have felt it many a time..sending you lots of very gentle hugs..(((((()))) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,096
    My condolences especially to you & your sister, & family, best wishes in the coming days. x
  • mike26
    mike26 Member Posts: 416
    sorry to hear of your loss jenzie
    she was with her family at the end.
    RIP.
    mike.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    So so sorry Jenzie.

she lives on in her children and Grandchildren.

Take care of yourself,
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • HannahT
    HannahT Member Posts: 38
    So, sorry to read about your loss.

She will be sorely missed by all those who loved and knew her.

I send you my deepest condolences.

H
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    ((((Jen)))) I'm so very sorry for your loss. I'm sure that knowing the genders of your babies brought her happiness. It sounds like she was a truly wonderful woman and I hope that your memories will bring you some comfort in these difficult times. My thoughts are with you xx