Re:Chocks away wot wot

mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 7. Apr 2014, 08:49 in Community Chit-chat archive
Well I've been a bit down lately so I've had a bit of cyber retail therapy, me and e bay are best mates, do you know they're selling Tony's old underpants on there as a cheap alternative to bullet poor vests!, how odd is that?. right sorry I digress, right got myself a Wot 4 mk3 and a big old 4 stroke glow engine off of there, it should go vertical with a bit of luck, mind u the last time I flew a powered plane was a few years ago, went up to the field with my mate to impress him only to stuff the thing into the deck with as much grace as an asteroid has for the moon and with about as much force, all that was left of the body was the engine and a few wires and control cables, oddly the wings weren't to bad I think I can use them again but the wheels were 40 yards away, I also never found the batteries, they're still stuck in the ground for all I know?. The only other problem is my right hand, its getting more scared as he years go by, its got cuts and stab wounds all over it, I've tried twice to cut a finger off once with a carving knife the other with a bow saw, got a nice tribal scare on the back of me thumb from that, the only problem is I have a really ugly scare behind the knuckle of my thumb, like I've said before never try and stop an RC engine with your hand when its going full throttle its messy, I was only 17 and superglue hadn't made it to darkest Ipsden then otherwise Id have done me best Bear Grills impression on it, it took 8 stitches to close the wound and it looks like Stevie Wonder did it. :shock:

Comments

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,095
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Well I have to say I admire your something-or-other, if I could just think what the right term would be :shock: :lol: best of luck with takeoff & landing, good thick pair of gloves wouldn't go amiss by the sounds, I'm sure you could get some off your 'best mate' (although you might have to fight me for best-mate status, me and eb*y are like that you know.. always sending me emails and parcels.. we go waay back.. :wink: )
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Good for you, mate, go for it but try not to add too many new scars in the process.

I like retail therapy, I find it very effective. :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Mell I see you as a cross between terminator and robbo cop ! 8) :lol: Mig
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Mig you are right there..robocop...I hope its a smooth take off.. :o and it comes back to you or do you have to go and find it..keep them fingers out the way of the propeller..
    Love
    Barbara
  • mellman01
    Theres a rather funny story to add to the plane building and general stupidity but this time it doesn't involve any stabbing of me flippers whatsoever, but it does contain a Series 2A land rover, some blue Harwell reactor flask identification paint, an industrial tractor powered hedge cutter and just a tad of criminality, and nearly the UKAEA constabulary, now it all started when I had a thought about the colour scheme for the Wot 4 today, I was wondering if I had some coloured dope, commonly called cellulose paint, then I remembered I had a gallon can up in the shed, normally the stuff is about £8 a small 250ml tin and I needed around 3 or 4 to coat the fuselage and the stuff I had in the shed was actually nicked from Harwell around 12 years ago, I was doing up my old Landrover at the time and needed some paint to do the underside, so instead of forking out for some I asked the site painter and decorator if he had any going begging and he kindly gave me a gallon of dark blue paint that was used to colour code the research reactor flasks, blue for Dido and white for Pluto reactor , it was going to be thrown away as dear old Maggie had closed both reactors bless her, anyway I knew trying to get it off site would be almost impossible as the Police up there had no sense of humour or humanity about them so the only option was to nick it, now I'd observed that they didn't search cars during dinner times especially if you went out the gate near the shops!, so I drove off site and a few miles pulled up in a lay-by to stash my haul, anyway on the way home I drove back to the scene of the crime and as I pulled up I noticed something odd?, the hedge had been cut by one of those tractors that horrify the local shrubbery in a mocking attempt at industrial pruning, but there was something else odd about the scene, something very odd indeed?, the whole dam hedgerow was blue!, from the ground up to about 8 feet and I'd say a good 15 feet wide, it was on the road as well and you could actually see blue tractor tyre marks, would you credit it the flipping contractor had decided to cut the dam hedge right after I'd hid the paint in it, I'd actually passed him on the way to hide it, his tractor must have been a rare old sight/mess as the stuff had obviously been truly vaporised and sprayed all over the option, to this day I wonder what the state of his tractor was after he'd hit it, they were normally cannery yellow, blue would make a nice colour tone for sure it but I bet the driver wasn't happy, mind you nor was I as I had to go back, get another can and repeat the whole process again, the painter was crying with laughter after I told him as was his mate and half of Harwell as word had soon got out and the bosses weren't happy either but I denied any knowledge of it as that kind of stupidity was a hanging offence. :o:mrgreen:
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The best laugh I've had in ages :lol: pity it's not on YouTube !
    Thanks for sharing Mell :lol:
    Numpty
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Mellman, you always manage to brighten my day when you post something. It could only happen to you! Shame you couldn't have taken some pictures that would be so funny to see!! You enjoy building your plane. I know my OH loves building his model BRISCA cars he gets a buzz seeing them finished.
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    :lol: Thanks for the laugh Mell mucho needed...............Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • toady
    A fabulous story thank you :lol: clearly just the tip of the iceberg of tales you could tell, and related brilliantly. :D
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Oh Mell! Only you mate, only you. :lol: What a laugh, thank you, I needed that! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    :lol::lol: Mell has DD says only you...glad you got the paint in the end.. :o
    Love
    Barbara
  • mellman01
    Glad it made you all chuckle, it was so bizarre when it happened, but there was a significant side effect from that day and it was a bit more serious, my line manager who was and I would imagine is still a right nasty b****r actually pulled me over and got quite nasty about it, he even wanted to get the UKAEA police involved, and this was from a man who when the company PC's were up for annual replacement he would swap parts with his home components so he didn't need to pay for any new bits!, he even cut up a tower scaffold he thought was scrap when it was palleted up to go back for modification, it was around £2000 worth, he then got the workshop to weld up a kite buggy out of the parts, I even caught him designing the buggy on his works PC in works time!, it was at this point in time that I decided to leave as I couldn't work with someone so corrupt and two faced, as they use to say in the UKAEA s**t floats to the top and he's now in charge of the whole complex, he also knew nothing about working with nuclear material I had 20 years in and was a trained and qualified Heath Physics surveyor so that was another big incentive to get the hell out of dodge so to speak!. Oh and when your ready for another laugh remind me to tell you about Fitzy and the christmas tree escapade its another corker!.
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Don't know about everyone else, but I'm ready for another laugh now Mell keep 'em coming please :D
    Numpty
  • mellman01
    I'll post it this weekend ND, its a good tale Fitzy was such a laugh I miss him when he left, he was a gentle giant who looked a bit like a cross between Bronson and super Mario, he was also as daft as a badger.
  • barbara12
    Mell its always the same...people in glass houses my late mum called them..typical... :roll: now I'm ready and waiting for the weekend saga... :P
    Love
    Barbara
  • toady
    *pulls up a chair* :D
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    I so needed a laugh today Mellman :lol: thanks for that. I expect we're all ready and waiting for the tale of Fitzy, I know I am :)
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Mellman,
    Good to see you are still completely and utterly bonkers!
    GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!