dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Good! I am pleased for both you and mandyu, my turn tomorrow (perhaps). DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Meth sharps collected - but not one delivered. The driver wasn't told I needed one and he doesn't have one on his van DD

Surely it's only common sense, if they're picking up a full bin, you need a new one! Crikey, even I can work that one out! :roll: what a shambles.
    Numpty
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Thank you web manager ,appreciate your input. Mig
  • Tubby
    Tubby Member Posts: 177
    Success - I had a visit from the HaH nurse today, as promised and arranged. She was at my house almost to the minute and was lovely. She got me started on the Enbrel and was able to to answer all of my questions so far. I am supposed to have another visit to show me how to use the 'pen' again but I am not sure I will need it as I am comfortable with the process. I hope I am as lucky with the next delivery, I am crossing what I can :oops: that it works but most of all I hope the rest of you get sorted out and back on track.
  • dreamdaisy
    So. I rang Alcura on an 0800 number, spoke to a human within two minutes and then emailed them to be on the safe-side. To my delight / horror they rang me within four minutes of reading the email :shock: The upshot is this: they are sending me a new sharps via first class post but in the meantime I popped in to rheumatology and collected a no-questions-asked-but-the date-inked-on-the-box sharps. I have a spare. 8)

I also raised my HaH troubles and was upset (but not surprised) to learn that I am not alone in this and that the knock-on effects are 'harming' our Rheumatology Helpline service. Apparently some of those who are not receiving their deliveries are contacting the Helpline - FCOL why? :? The hospital contracted this 'service' out so they no longer had to bother with the 'minor' nitty-gritty of such matters. It is out of their hands, end of.

Roll on tomorrow. What's the betting? :lol: DD

PS That is good news, Tubby, I wish you well.
  • dreamdaisy
    Apparently my delivery is scheduled for today, between 9.15 - 11.15. 8) DD
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Hello dd,

By a strange coincidence so is mine.
    You can still come and live here if you wish.
    We are are the right side of the Pennines.
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Hello dd,

This is not a bragging situation, but my delivery of 4 humiira pens
    and a sharps bin turned up at 9-47am this morning. It had been
    arranged by a single telephone call from HaH to me on the 7th
    instant.
  • dreamdaisy
    Mine arrived at 11.35, all present and correct. It's only taken three attempts, four emails and nearly an hour on hold - get in! :lol: It seems that it is specific geographical areas that are affected - mine is definitely one of them (I suspect that yours isn't) - the rheumatology nurse I saw yesterday said that the rate of complaints increased significantly before Christmas. No matter, I have it and that is what matters. DD
  • Tubby
    Tubby Member Posts: 177
    I am so please you all got your deliveries - at last. It is all so infuriating and worse, their mistakes mean it hurts us.... literally! Let's hope the bad patch is done :D
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    I have had several phone calls to arrange my next delivery but have a a couple left in the fridge due to health issues which prevented me from taking them as scheduled. As I've fobbed them off twice now I'm worried I may have mucked up my future orders. :roll: Hopefully not. Glad you all got your expected injections/sharps bins on time.

elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dreamdaisy
    I doubt very much that you have, tkachev, they have an obligation to deliver at our convenience, yes? I admit that one of the most frustrating things for me is the assumption that, because we are poorly people, our time (and the wasting thereof) doesn't matter. My rheumatologist is a rare old example of that - I'm booked in for 9am and she swans in at 9.20: then I'm hurried through my appointment because she is behind schedule. :roll: Not my fault, methinks. DD
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    I thought I'd share this with you as you kindly settled my nerves DD.

"Hello. Your Bupa Homehealthcare delivery will be delivered Monday between 12:20-14:15 by **** **
    to SN** *AW"

It arrived via text to my mobile on Saturday. I've * personal info out.

Thank you again.

Xxx xxX
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Has anyone had HaH respond to their emails? They seem not to like me, even when I sent a super polite one.