Feeling in limbo

nearlybionic
nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
Hi
I am currently signed off work (NHS) for 6 weeks post THR dislocation. I have had a lot of problems getting back to work post 2nd THR re Health & Safety and red tape.
During meetings with HR and union last year they were trying to offer me a lower paid post with only 2 months protected pay (despite me working for the NHS for over 23 years) I declined!! Eventually I got back to work but there was still a lot of H & S stuff to go through and I had only just started to do my full role before the dislocation. Now I am worried for the future as my surgeon says he does not want to do more surgery and cannot guarantee it will not dislocate again. Work have asked if I think I will be ok to come back to work after the 6 weeks, I have said I will know more after next appointment.
If I am unable to do part of my role so that I lower the risk of future dislocations then I am not sure what my manager will say.
I have looked into ill health retirement but do not want to do that really as I am too young.
I am driving myself mad with worrying about it all.
Just needed to put that all down
NB

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I'm not surprised that you are greatly worried, anyone would be. Is there another role you could play within your field that would be more of a sideways move than a 'demotion'? It's not as though you are deliberately doing this, you have had 'dicky' hips for some time (and coped) but the situation has now changed.

Your health comes first, that is the priority for you and your family. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • nearlybionic
    Hi DD
    Thanks for your reply.
    During my last round of meetings about going back to work, after my 2nd THR, HR offered me a a role which would be a grade lower than I am on. I cannot really consider a drop in wages as Mr NB is self employed and his money is sporadic, as is the building trade! I have been watching the website for my trust to see if any roles at my grade, that I am qualified for , comes up.
    I don`t really want to leave my place of work, I like my job, and my colleagues.I would be lost not working, or with new people who don`t understand my issues.
    I will have to see what the future brings. I see the Consultant again next month.
    Thanks again
    NB
  • sailrib
    sailrib Member Posts: 327
    Will Access to Work not fund you equipment so you can stay working the job you are doing?
  • nearlybionic
    Hi Sailrib
    I had Access to work about 4 years ago, and have several aids in place already. My worry is that, as much of my role as a community nurse , involves bending to tend to clients needs, I will be putting myself at risk of further dislocations. I don`t think AtoW will be able to help with that one.
    NB