Just a little Hello

Options
Doubleouch
Doubleouch Member Posts: 33
edited 9. Apr 2014, 05:33 in Say Hello Archive
Hi
I am 55 and have OA in foot/knees/hands
I had to have a total ankle fusion after a tri-maellor fracture
Since December I have been getting ,daily headache,dizziness,stiff neck,pins and needles in arms,hands,and across top of shoulder, and a dead, heavy arm feeling on using arms.Currently seeing a physio referred by GP, who thinks my latest problem is Cervial Spondylosis with Radiculopathy, been given stretching exercises to do, so far no change
I also have FMS and Asthma
x :P

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Doubleouch, it's lovely to meet you but I am sorry you have had to find us. I empathise with your troubles - I am in a similar boat with psoriatic arthritis which in turn has led to OA in a number of useful joints including my neck. I also have fibromyalgia and asthma but the latter is very well controlled. I began aged 37 and am now 55.

You are talking to the initiated on here, we will all recognise the troubles and frustrations of life with arthritis and this is a good place to come and grumble because no-one will say anything silly in response. :) We are a supportive bunch so feel free to join any conversation on any board that takes your fancy; new views and voices are always welcome. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Doubleouch
    Options
    Hi
    dreamdaisy ( love the name)
    Many thanks for the welcome,
    I am sure I will be visting alot fof tips on coping and information on this awfull condition
    x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Doubleouch..I love the user name
    Welcome to the forum and I hope you get has much out of it as I have, I have OA am 63 nearly 64..and also have it in a few place one being the neck..so I understand were you are coming from..not very nice..but Physio can be very helpful for neck probs.. I do hope to see you around the forum ..
    Love
    Barbara
  • Doubleouch
    Options
    Hi Barbara
    Many thanks for the welcome
    Take Care
    x
  • Sarah01
    Sarah01 Member Posts: 192
    Options
    Hi Doubleouch,

Welcome to the forum :)

I was diagnosed with OA in both hips last year at the age of 41. I also have early onset of OA in one of my knees. Had my first THR just over 12 weeks ago.

Sorry that you had to find us on here, I look forward to seeing you around.

Take care
    Sarah x