wi-fi printers

villier
villier Member Posts: 4,426
edited 11. May 2014, 10:43 in Community Chit-chat archive
I am looking for advice on a Wi-Fi printer for my laptop that will print ,copy and scan, as I am not very computery :shock: I need something that is very easy to set up and use, also a reasonable price. I would appreciate your input :D......................Marie xx
Smile a while and while you smile
smile another smile and soon there
will be miles and miles of smiles
just because you smiled I wish your
day is full of Smiles

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Marie
    I have an Epson stylus..and I love it ..you can always pick up cheap ink for it from Tes** or the copy ones works well..scan to your comp, copy's are better than the originals...
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I too am not computery but, after doing some research on a well-known jungle site, I bought an Epson XP405 from Sainzbriz (a very basic one but it does all of those things) and, much to my surprise, set it up unaided. My husband was staggered - I was quietly proud. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    I too have an Epson wifi printer it's Xp-305 ,so easy to set up and use.Im sensing a pattern here. Mig
  • villier
    Grrr!!!!! I have already answered this and it has disappeared. Thank you ladies for your replies, funnily enough it has been Epson printers I have been mostly looking at. It looks as if it is going to be an Epson xx
    day is full of Smiles
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Typical me being different!

Ours is an HP and has ben brilliant and above all trouble -free and EASY :)

I hope you get yours sorted really easily

love

Toni xxx
  • rondetto
    rondetto Member Posts: 2,526
    HP Printer is about the best and most reliable. Cartridges are easy to buy and install. Easy to scan and save too.
  • villier
    Thanks Toni and Ron, I will certainly have a look at the HP printers as well, I have an HP tablet I find quite easy to use, food for thought xx
    day is full of Smiles
  • krisbe
    krisbe Member Posts: 95
    I have HP deskjet 3050 does scanning, copying and printing. You can get them in the supermarkets for about £40 and the cartridges are not too expensive. :D
  • rondetto
    rondetto Member Posts: 2,526
    I've got the same HP 3050 and it's so easy to do everything.
  • villier
    Thanks all I will have a look at all that has been suggested...................Marie xx
    day is full of Smiles
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    I know its a bit late but Ive got an Epson 315 recently and like all the others on here setting it up isn't hard to do on a Mac book pro, only issue I had was it didn't like the firewall but other than that it's a great bit of kit, only cost £40 and it even does photos!, I also have just switched over to self fill cartridges I got from e bay and they work a treat and cost peanuts compared with the pre filled ones which are a blatant con even with Epsom who are meant to be the cheapest on the market. I also took out an extra 3 years warranty in case it does go West like the flipping expensive HP photo print one we have upstairs, £100 of wasted money that was.
  • villier
    Thanks Mell good of you to reply. I am getting one for nothing, I mentioned it to a friend of a friend who has a brand new one that she doesn't use and says I can have it, jammy or what. If it works ok I will obviously give her something for it , it is just the matter of picking it up. x
    day is full of Smiles
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    mellman01 wrote:
    I know its a bit late but Ive got an Epson 315 recently and like all the others on here setting it up isn't hard to do on a Mac book pro, only issue I had was it didn't like the firewall but other than that it's a great bit of kit, only cost £40 and it even does photos!, I also have just switched over to self fill cartridges I got from e bay and they work a treat and cost peanuts compared with the pre filled ones which are a blatant con even with Epsom who are meant to be the cheapest on the market. I also took out an extra 3 years warranty in case it does go West like the flipping expensive HP photo print one we have upstairs, £100 of wasted money that was.

Firewall has stopped our printer from working.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein