Hindsight.

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 23. Apr 2014, 18:02 in Living with Arthritis archive
Isn't it wonderful? :? This time last week I omitted the meth and humira (on the advice of my hospital) because they didn't know whether my breathing troubles were asthma or an infection. I felt they were the former and not the latter but when immuno-suppressed times thrice one cannot afford to be too casual or believe one's symptoms as being true.

After a miserable week I methed and the difference is marked; my immune system has been put in its place, to my way of thinking it's akin to the descent of the Monty Python foot. :wink: Why didn't I do this last week? Because I could not believe my body - the ultimate betrayal, methinks.

I am peeved. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Ah, the wonderful clarity of vision which hindsight offers! Men and women are complex creatures and those of us with hyperactive immune systems are more complex than most.

I think you and your rheumatology team took the right decision. The consequences were not good but the consequences of taking the meds if, indeed, you had had an infection, would also have been bad. It's what students of ****'s Law call a lose/lose situation :roll:

You are feeling a bit better and I, for one, am delighted. Bring down the Python boot! All together now 'Always look on the bright side of life, tee tum, tee tum, tee tum, tee tum.'
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright