Opticians Appt

bubbadog
bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
edited 25. Apr 2014, 09:24 in Living with Arthritis archive
I went for my 1st Opticians yearly appointment due to taking Hydro, I was surprised by the findings! My normal eye test showed my vision had deteriorated slightly from my last eye exam. But the field test result wasn't very good and the Optician was sending the results to my G.P so I can be referred to the Ophthalmologist. So yet more problems to be added on to my ever growing list!! Ohhh huuuummm!

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    It could be the hydroxy or it could be ageing - the eyes are often the first indicator of one's increasing calendar number. :( I can still hear my optician saying 'It's your age' when I was a mere 41. :lol: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I hope all is well but better safe than sorry :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello bubba , this must have been a shock for you but like the others have said better safe..and its good they have picked upon it ..good luck with the appointment and please let us know how it goes xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Thanks everyone, it just seems it's one thing after another at the moment :( But that's just living with Arther and other hangers on!! I wish I could evict them!! Oh well on would's and up would's :roll: .
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    This isn't necessarily anything to do with either the arthritis or the meds though it's human nature to attribute everything to them. I think the main potential problem with hydroxy is colourblindness. The main thing is that, thanks to the tests, whatever it is or isn't has been picked up early.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,096
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    It could be the hydroxy or it could be ageing - the eyes are often the first indicator of one's increasing calendar number. :( I can still hear my optician saying 'It's your age' when I was a mere 41. :lol: DD

Me too and I could cheerfully have slapped the tactless little ..technician.

I sympathise with your having to add another thing to the list, I used to go to every appt diligently to get them 'off' me but now I realise there is no 'end' to them I'm afraid I work on a policy now of if it's not crucial I'm not going to it. Going to 1 just spawns another 2 anyway, so you end up further back. :roll: