MRI Results

Sarah01
Sarah01 Member Posts: 192
edited 26. Apr 2014, 11:12 in Living with Arthritis archive
Evening everyone

I hope everyone is well tonight. Saw the surgeon tonight for the results on my knee. Thankfully no torn cartilage or ligaments. However I have large amounts of bruising on the bone which is causing the cartilage to rub over it. The surgeon injected steroids into the knee.

Having a special knee brace fitted at my local hospital next week and I see the surgeon in 4 weeks. If the injection hasn't worked, I will need keyhole surgery to trim the cartilage down. I can go back to work in 2 weeks time :) I have to keep my hours reduced until I see him again. Once the knee is sorted everything will fall into place with the recovery of the THR.

So glad that it wasn't anything serious and it can be rectified with minor surgery if it comes to that.

Sarah x

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hope the injection works and you don't need the keyhole,rest up if you can.Mig
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    That sounds very hopeful, Sarah, and I'm pleased. You are also being very positive about it. As mig says, rest the knee for 24 hours as it helps the injection to stay where needed. Good luck with the rest :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello Sarah I was wondering how you had got on..seems like a good appointment as appointments go :shock: ..I really hope the injections work well for you , and should imagine when you get the brace fitted then it will feel much stronger...xx
    Love
    Barbara