4th APPOINTMENT !!!!!

hileena111
hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
edited 1. May 2014, 04:50 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well here we go again......my fourth appointment for a DEXA scan tomorrow {Tuesday} :shock:
What are the odds that I'll get this one done :? .....the machine will be working and my appointment wont be cancelled :?
I'll probably be in no state to care :lol:
I'm sore this morning,(7.10am) and later in the morning is my seated zumba :roll:
First thing tomorrow morning is physio.....and its not just a talk....its a physio assistant putting me through lots of exercises :roll:
Then a couple of hours later my DEXA scan......in theory at least :lol::lol:
Love
Hileena

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Here we go then, fourth time lucky, yes? Take your mobile with you and ensure it's switched on. :wink: You sound as though you have an active couple of days ahead so take things steadily - I hope it all comes to fruition. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    Thanks DD
    I will remember about the mobile :lol:
    Its always with me....just not always switched on :lol:
    Yes a few active days......but after zumba today nothibg but collecting in Avon brochures.
    At the moment that involves Peter driving, hoping in and out of the car and me in the passenger seat doing some admin as we go along and sorting out the orders that we get.
    Not very strenuous :lol:
    Then maybe a cup of coffee and cake.....well half a cake!!!!
    We usually divide a cake ...its enough.....{calories...and tomorrow is slimming world night :roll: }
    I forgot that's something else to add to tomorrow after physio, DEXA, then slimming world. :wink:
    Love
    Hileena
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Good Luck with this one Hileena..if this was me I would be turning up at Zumba instead of the scan and visa versa :o ...will be thinking about you and hope the physio goes well and not to hard on you..xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Hope this one goes to plan Hleena and the physio doesn't take too much out of you. Enjoy your coffee and cake :D....................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • hileena111
    Hi
    Thanks.......I just want it over and done with and then a diagnosis....which I know anyway but treatment for it.
    Love
    Hileena
  • barbara12
    Hileena you pinched my post :lol: ...here we go again...I hope this time it all goes smoothly for you .. with all that on I would be turning up at the wrong appointments .. :o fingers crossed for you xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    treatment for it
    and then the fun starts....
    I do hope you get the scan done this time Hileena, as then you'll be in a better position to consider the treatment options. Will it be a get undressed or stay dressed scan do you know? There are differences of opinion it would seem - the leaflet I was given said one thing, the radiography dept said another - good thing I don't have trouble with un/dressing!
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    You have got a busy couple of days!! Hope the DEXA Scan happens tomorrow so you can get results, enjoy the Zumba & Physio your muscles will really get angry after all that working out! Hope all goes alright and take care!!
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Hi Hileena
    Good luck for tomorrow. I will keep everything crossed for you, except my legs of course!! :lol:
    NB
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Good luck,hope all goes well. Mig
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Hello Hileena
    i hope you have the scan tomorrow. what time is it i will be thinking of you.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • hileena111
    Hi
    Thanks everyone
    The appointment is at 2pm.....maybe :lol:
    The ones I've had before I haven't had to get undressed....but I'll let you know :wink:
    I've just been on a bed and a large "thing" went back and forward over me...not touching me.....not like an MRI either ...you don't have to "go into anything" That's to the best of my memory anyway :roll:
    NB....bless....how are your legs???
    I was sorer today than normal so at Zumba I just "listened to my body " like I was told to do and stopped for a few mins or didn't do any movements that felt they would hurt. As for the physio :cry:
    Love
    Hileena
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    All the best for tomorrow, Hileena. The machine I was on was like yours and I didn't have to undress either.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    Hi Sticky
    Thanks.......my other ones have been like that but goodness knows what this one will be like after all the "faff" I've been through to get this appointment :lol:
    Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    I hope it goes well, I remember my DEXA scan, I reckon it's one of the easiest to have. DD
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Good luck for later Hileena. I hope the scan goes ahead this time :D

Xx xX
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • hileena111
    Hi
    I'm just getting ready to go....I've phoned them to check if the machine is working :lol:
    Apparently it is.....so if its not when I get there.....there will be a row :lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • barbara12
    Get your boxing gloves ready just in case..good luck sure it will be fine..xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Hello Hileena
    i hope everything went well.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Hope it went well Hileena and it helps to get a diagnosis xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • hileena111
    Well...wonder of wonders.....the machine was working.
    So that's it over and done with......the results will go to the GP in 6 weeks time.....but everyone...GP, Ortho consultant, physio all think I do have osteoporosis so I don't think I'll get any surprises.

Love
    Hileena
  • barbara12
    Hileena bet you are now shattered after everything..but good news it actually went ahead... :) 6 weeks wait blimey, they do drag there feet..hope you are wrong about the results...who knows you might just get good news...xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    Thanks Barbara
    What is it.....hope for the best but prepare for the worse LOL :lol:
    6 weeks is a long time isn't it
    Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    Oh bother, blast and damn it. Six weeks is both a not-long-but-far-too-long-a-time- for-results-to-arrive period. Grrrr. DD
  • hileena111
    Hi DD
    Never mind.....I'm sure what the result is anyway. In fact the GP has already started me on some tablets for it....couple of weeks ago!!!
    As long as they don't put me on that awful AA stuff....remember that???? I think we had it at the same time :lol:
    Love
    Hileena