Folic acid mistake!

Options
Fuzzywig
Fuzzywig Member Posts: 2
Good morning. I woke up very much on auto pilot today and took my folic acid first thing. Now realised it's methotrexate day! Do I take the methotrexate as usual tonight, or leave it until tomorrow, with no folic acid tomorrow, or take it as usual and skip tomorrow's folic acid? I should be most grateful for advice. I take 10 x 2.5mg methotrexate weekly and folic acid six days a week. Many thanks for your help.

Comments

• villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi

I am afraid I can't help you as it is OA I have but if you repost this on Living With Arthritis more people will see it. Good luck I'm sure someone will be able to advise you.............Marie
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • mike26
    mike26 Member Posts: 416
    Options
    Im sure you dont take your folic acid on same day as methotrexate,
    i have to take it day before.
    phone you helpline rhummy telepone no and check.
    mike26 :?
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,495
    Options
    Dear Fuzzywig,

Thanks for your post to Helplines. I'm really grateful to other forum members sharing their knowledge here, as we have be cautious of going into the technicalities of your medication as we are not medically qualified. We'd always suggest you check these points with pharmacist/ rheumatology nurse/ GP to be on the safe side.

I hope you've found a resolution to the situation, but you'd be most welcome to give us a ring if you'd like some support.

Kind regards

Guy