Pocket duties please

mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 21. May 2014, 04:59 in Living with Arthritis archive
Tomorrow at 11.30 is my appointment for getting measured for a new splint,don't know what sort of splint I will be getting,the one I have is white moulded and just fits from the wrist to the finger tips. Mig

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I'll be there, I hope you get the new one sooner rather than later and that it helps matters. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    You can count me in too
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    I'll be in your pocket Mig, but I will wear a face mask so I don't pass any of my germs about!! Hope the splint will arrive quickly to help your hand with support.
  • FionaP
    FionaP Member Posts: 39
    I'll be there with you. Hope it all goes smoothly.

x
    Fi
    x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Me too. Whatever it looks like and whatever it's made from, I just hope it does a good job for you.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,898
    Hello Mig
    i hope it all went well. and you dont have to wait too long for it.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    I'll be there too but may need a few elbow-jabs to keep me awake; awfully tired at the moment.

Good luck, hope you have the new one quickly!
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Count me in mig, lets hope you get it soon and helps give you some relief..............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello Mig you can count me in...I hope this splint is much better for you...is the pub later...if so I will bring my dancing shoes.. :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • mig
    The occy health hadn't got the referral letter from the consultant so she just read thru my notes then examined my hand talked about operations in the future and got this thing out that looks like half of a cut off glove ,it fits round your knuckles and the finger looking parts are then brought down between your fingers believe it or not it does bring the fingers straight,it's all held in place by Velcro .She did say when she actually gets the letter if needs be then she will be in touch. It's a beautiful beige colour . Mig
  • barbara12
    Heee Mig all these NHS splints seem to be beige, wouldn't you think they would do other colours I did ask when I got my last ones... :lol: hope it helps and it is comfy..noticed you didn't take us top the pub this time... :roll: xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • mig
    Went to M&S for some new smalls,made you lot wait outside.That ice cream seller will never be the same again. Mig
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    :lol::lol: wondered what the ooohing and aaahing that was going on was all about :wink: You better watch out for SW remember she has a fetish for all things beige at the moment :? ............................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • barbara12
    villier wrote:
    :lol::lol: wondered what the ooohing and aaahing that was going on was all about :wink: You better watch out for SW remember she has a fetish for all things beige at the moment :? ............................Marie xx
    Love it Marie... :lol: not a clue were the young Italian ice cream seller ended up.... :oops: :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Sorry I missed this Mig. Obviously if I'd been there, things would have turned out much better :wink:
    I've seen the future, and it's Velcro :wink:
    Beige is the new black 8)
    I hope it helps, if not, there's always wine :D
    (((()))) Numpty
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    villier wrote:

I have many fetishes, Marie, including ice-cream men, especially when they're dressed in beige :wink:

Mig, I hope it works. In my day wrist splints (There were only wrist splints) came in NHS specs pink. They were awkward and cumbersome by they really did a job and my wrists are now fused i n the very useful straight position.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright