Rough Times

celebrationb
celebrationb Member Posts: 134
edited 20. May 2014, 11:57 in Living with Arthritis archive
Been going through rough times for couple weeks, got two wisbom teeth out which made my face badly bruised swollen. Then found my mum laying on her bed room floor, she ended up in hospital for nine days. She is still not right but lives on her own, doesn't want help,. My daughter has been getting her heart checked for any problems.
Now the 18th birthday curse is back, ( when my daughters 18th birthday I got a rash and then went into anaphylaxis shock, in hospital for few days, luck am here) . my son got a bad rash on his face dealing with it but it happened day before 18yth birthday. Still got skin problems on his face.
Now my fermol nerve and oa in knee is making today really bad. walking is sore took sometime off today but being self employed we can't take time off much.
Don't know if I can take any more. Is it cheeky to ask for support. I thought I could deal with oa but I was wrong... :x

Comments

• dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    We all need some understanding and support sometimes-living with arthritis impacts on so much of how we feel and deal with life's ups and downs.

Sometimes just putting it all out there helps- so keep unloading, we're always here to listen.

Hope your mum continues to recover, and that your son gets better soon. Try to be gentle with yourself, and maybe try sharing with some one you really trust just how much of a struggle life seems just now.

Sending you gentle hugs {{{{{{{{{{{ }}}}}}}}}}} and positive thoughts.

Deb xx
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Life with arthritis, and then all the stresses of family health problems.......It makes everything harder to deal with. (((())) make sure you take some quiet time just for yourself. Anna
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    We think we're dealing with things OK then life crops up with its usual challenges and we find we lack the resources to deal with it as we used. It is frustrating and depressing, we all have been there, celebration, and no doubt we'll all be there again. Life goes on despite our failing physical abilities - it's tough isn't it? I hope your mum learns a little wisdom in asking for help, and I reckon your body is telling you that you need some rest. Take it whilst you can, it is important, OK? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • destiny0321
    destiny0321 Member Posts: 88
    hi i hope everything settles down for you & your family.
    you are going through a rough time at moment, hope your mum is well soon,your son soon gets rid of his rash also do not forget to make time for yourself because even with us in lots of pain we always put others first.
    sending you lots of hugs ((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))).
    shall be thinking of you.xxx destiny
  • celebrationb
    Thank you for all the replies. It is good to find people who understand. I thought that i could cope with everything and stay positive, but didnt work.
  • dreamdaisy
    You're not Superwoman, none of us have magic powers to cope with arthritis and the additional crud that life continues to chuck our way. We all struggle from time-to-time, Janet, that's why the forum is here so we can let rip when required. The positivity will return because you are not one of life's quitters. DD
  • celebrationb
    Thank you . That was nice. Yes not a quitter, hopefully bounce back soon.
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Hello Janet
    you have had a lot to deal with it wears your body out and you have to rest arthritis wears your body out as well.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Hi,

I'm sorry ure having a tough time!!

Did they find out wot caused ure anaphylaxis? My husband has had his heart zapped thru an allergy to wasp stings. It gets worse each time so we have epipens & piriton tablets everywhere we go.
    It really takes it out of you doesn't it? :(

I'm so sorry ure Mum & son have been poorly. I hope they're both recovering well. It's so frightening realising the fragility of our parents, it's something we never expect to see but then all of a sudden they are 'old' ... Life changes for us in that split second I think!!

Try not to bottle things up for too long. This forum is fabulous for venting, chatting & support.

Take care of ureself as well, ure needed so make sure you rest wen you need to!!

(((Hugs)))

Xx xX
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Of course you thought you could cope with the OA, there are so many ups and downs with arthritis..I get days when I thing this is great I have cracked it..then the day after I come down to earth..but I am now begging to accept my condition..I think... :?
    Have you tried talking to your GP or be referred to a pain clinic,the first thing they ask is do you get depressed..maybe a short course of ADs would help you cope..I had them many years ago for something different and they really did help...(((()))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • celebrationb
    I was given tablets about three years ago by a doc with I was allergic too. Just be careful I now what I take. I am going to phone the doc on Mon as a am in a lot of pain . its good to have this forum. Now I know am not alone.
    Yes its hard to see my mum sick. Thank you sooooo much
    I am on anti depression for relaxing my leg. Thank you all . the pain is bad
  • celebrationb
    Just an update
    My mum is doing very well she is back home but needs more of us calling. In and phoning. Managing better but lonely which I am trying to fix. My daughters hezrtt test seems to be no problems which is great but waiting on last tests. My missing wisbom are healing great normal food now. So in that end its good.
    But my oa is playing up lots, I took ibupon tablets which I should not have taken because I am on naproxan , this may have caused my soreness. Going back to my Jitsue club tonight for the first in weeks and weeks. Now I need to make a decision if its still for me to train as I can't do much . maybe its time to do something else. Its a big decision but my health is important. :(
  • dreamdaisy
    Your health is indeed important and one of the more difficult aspects of living with arthritis is coming to terms with the changes it demands from us. I am pleased that your wisdom teeth extractions have settled, that your mum is getting better but yes, you are right, you have some decisions to face and they won't be easy ones. We've all faced them and made our choices but it isn't straightforward. I wish you well. DD
  • celebrationb
    just want to let you hear what i think now.

It doesn't matter what life gives you, two thing you can do.
    Sit down suck you thumb and feel sorry for yourself. OR
    Fight back and get on with your life, don't let it stop you doing what you want to do.
    Even if it means small changes and small steps.

Hoping this helps me when i feel low
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Thats's exactly the mantra I say to myself, I hope things are a lot better for you and your doing okay. Take care.
  • celebrationb
    Things are looking a lot better but knee has been sore a bit. Daughter is fine and my mum doing well to. have had lots of work in so been busy. have had to do changes in my life.
    Thank you all for being there.