An update on Stickywicket.

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 28. May 2014, 11:46 in Living with Arthritis archive
She is batting on a very sticky wicket indeed. :( After a rough night and some sickness this morning she went to the doctors and has some horse-sized anti-bios to take. I suspect that things will get rougher before they improve, yes? 'Tis the nature with anti-bios.

Rest up Sticky, stay in bed for as long as you can and I hope you soon start to feel better. ((( ))) DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    So sorry to hear the news, Sticky. I hope that things improve for you very soon.

Meg
  • mamasmurf
    mamasmurf Member Posts: 89
    Thinking of you , SW and sending loving , positive vibes .
    mamasmurf
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Sorry to hear that Sticky, hope they do the job and you start to feel better soon.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • lululu
    lululu Member Posts: 486
    You will be fighting fit very soon with the anti,s sticky . You just take it easy for a while and try to get out in the sun - works wonders!
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Thanks for letting us know DD,

Sorry to hear this Sticky, keep taking the horse tablets, you'll be galloping around in no time :wink:
    I really hope you feel better very soon, ((((()))))
    Take care,
    Numpty
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Thanks DD
    Oh no our SW must be poorly, I have never known her to go missing ..only on her hols..I do hope the ABs kick in very soon ...(((()))) xx hope Mr SW is looking after you ... :)
    Love
    Barbara
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Mega Hudson Sticky .(((((()))))) Mig
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Poor Sticky. :( Sending you HUGE get well wishes and gentle hugs. Take it easy and rest up, we are thinking of you.
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Oh dear, Sticky. So sorry to hear this and about the horse-sized pills, (((()))) and a giant feel better soon .
  • mig
    Don't know what happened to my post Sticky didn't check it ,blinking predictive text. Mig
  • krisbe
    krisbe Member Posts: 95
    Oh dear, sorry to hear that. Hope you get well soon.
  • dreamdaisy
    Things are not going well. :( She cannot keep anything down, not even sips of water, she took an anti-sickness med and brought it straight back up. Mr SW rang the docs for further advice, they said that if things don't improve soon they must ring 111. She has spent today in bed, she is very tired, she has no energy or appetite. DD
  • Kittkat
    Kittkat Member Posts: 309
    Get well soon Stickey!
    How am I gonna be an optimist about this?
  • mig
    (((((()))))) Mig
  • Slosh
    Keeping my fingers crossed she starts to improve soon.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    Earlier she managed 1/2 a cup of tea and 1 1/2 ginger biscuits. They did not reappear so she is going to try again soon and take an anti-bio. My creaky fingers are crossed.

She thanks you all for your messages and hopes to come on tomorrow, but I replied that there was no obligation or rush because there isn't. DD
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Oh blast........ hope things settle down soon Sticky. (((((((( ))))))))

Deb x
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Thanks DD

Sticky......forget about coming on to the forum for a while......what would you say to us :?: I know its not easy to take your own advice {from experience :wink: }
    You just relax and get better. I'm sure Mr SW is taking good care of you :)
    Loads of ((((())))))
    Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    Better news this morning, she slept well, managed to sort out her own breakfast, eat it, keep it down and do the pills. :) Meanwhile Mr SW has gone down with it. :( They are both going to take things very easy today, which is sensible. DD
  • mig
    Oh dear poor Sticky feeling rotten and now has a poorly hubby to cope with.
    Hope you both feel better soon. Mig
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Oh dear Sticky I have just seen this as I haven't managed to get on for a couple of days, at least you seem to be on the right road now although you now have a poorly OH to contend with have some of these (((()))) hope you both get better soon...................Marie xx

Thanks DD x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Thank you so much everyone, especially DD. I really do appreciate your kind thoughts and good wishes.

You know the day has got off to a bad start when you sit up in bed, take your stomach protector and bring it straight back again.

9am Saw doc. Got antibiotics. Doc said I must ring 111 over weekend if it's no better.
    10am. Finally managed to drink enough water to take antibio with 1/4 slice toast. Slept
    12 noon.Return of the antibio.
    Afternoon - Keep trying and failing to keep water down.
    4.30pm Mr SW rings doc. Prescribes anti-sickness pill and says again I must call 111 if no improvement.
    Take anti-sickness pill. Makes immediate comeback. Give up and go to sleep.
    7.pmish Wake up fancying tea and toast.

I've turned a corner. I feel weak and wobbly but hungry and I've managed a quick bath. My hero of yesterday is spluttering. He reckons I've harboured this thing for so long it now mutated so he's got a worse version. He's a lovely bloke but still a bloke. Nuff said?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    SW good to have you back and thankyou DD
    I am so glad to see you have turned a corner..not nice to be so poorly on top of other things..you get plenty of rest.....tell Mr SW that men always get the mutant form :? ...hope he turms a corner very soon...((())) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    ((((SW)))) Sorry I haven't been on.

I hope you continue to improve & don't rush things for the sake of Mr SW :shock: Please take it steady!!

DD thank you for the thread & updates.

Many hugs SW (((( ))))

Xxx xxX
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • Slosh
    Glad to hear you are starting to feel slightly better, don't overdo it and take it easy.
    Julian of Norwich