Is my Sick Pay amount good?

sailrib
sailrib Member Posts: 327
I'm just wondering what the standard sick pay is for companies? I know it varies form company to company but I'm still curious as to what people get.

I get 7 month full pay for my sick pay, is that good compared to a lot of places?

Thank you! :)

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I'd say that's very good. I'm a teacher and due to my length of service get 6 months full pay and 6 half, holidays get counted in automatically unless you are in school the day before, I'm therefore going back for the last two days of term to avoid this.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • sailrib
    sailrib Member Posts: 327
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Thanks.

I'm only in my 20s and I'm thinking about my future as my surgeon said my feet are going to get a lot worse even with more operations.

I know I'll be a regular user of my sick pay.

I went for an interview as I really want to get a new job and they said they would only pay up to 3 weeks in any one year no matter how long I've been there of sick pay and they said that is very good as a lot of companies won't pay anything.

After their comment on sick pay it's made me realise that I properly need to stay in my job, only because of the sick pay and being able to live whiles off sick, then the fact I don't really enjoy my job.