staring at prednisone

2»

Comments

• Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Maybe I take it too seriously, I don't know.

I used to take chances and throw caution to the wind and I was known for being courageous. Now that was living! That me isn't around anymore, it's a different kind of courage I have now, kind of a teeth-gritted, determined existence and I don't feel nearly as brave or strong. I don't take chances in case I make anything worse. It's existence in spite of PsA, not really living.I would do better perhaps, if it was just pain but I usually feel so sick too. Maybe because of a wonky nervous system too ie, chronic migraines, I don't know. I wish it was just pain.

Cynicism isn't all bad. It can be used to fuel scepticism, which is pretty useful when dealing with a chronic illness. Plus, it opens up a large area of comedic possibilities not really appreciated without a certain degree of cynicism. There, my positive thought for the day :D
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I guess we all take it as seriously as we have to at the time. I was never, ever known for being brave :oops: , Anna, so you're one up on me there. As for dealing with more than just pain – I did get that in my early years mostly when I was just on NSAIDS and no stomach protector. Throwing up was a regular activity :roll: We'd change the NSAID (There were loads around at the time) and start again. Six weeks later..... By the time of my first endoscopy I had several healed ulcers and much of my stomach lining eroded. Then, of course, the flares! I remember them well but mostly I only flare post-surgery these days. Meth, hydroxy and surgery have been my friends. Life is much, much easier now. I got very lucky. I hope you do too :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Thank you, Sticky. I've had some good luck already as I stopped NSAIDS in the nick of time before stomach was in shreds, like yours.

Good fortune abounds :wink: .