Returns

Numptydumpty
Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
edited 12. Jun 2014, 11:33 in Community Chit-chat archive
Can anyone tell me how I go about returning my RA?
I've tried it for nine years now, so feel I've given it a good go, but I've decided it's not for me after all.
I've searched everywhere, but can't find any instructions for returning it, or a returns address.
It's still in full working order, and shows no sign of wearing out. I don't want a replacement, and don't even expect a refund. I'd just be glad to see the back of it really.
So if any of you can help, I'd be most grateful.
Thanks,
Numpty

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    :lol::lol::lol: Cracking idea, Gromit.

Alas, I'm not even sure where or to whom you would return it. I guess part has to go to your parents for the cruddy genes factor but as for the environmental bit.....I just don't see the Minister for the Environment getting over-enthusiastic about your generous offer. Especially as you could start an eager response from the rest of the arthritic electorate.

Perhaps you could open a new charity shop for unwanted diseases. Those of us who were not cut out to be patient patients could return our unwanted illnesses and those of a masochistic, miserable disposition who just want an excuse for a life of grumbling indolence, could pick up their disease of choice and enjoy ill-health ever after.

I feel this thread has legs, probably better ones than any who will respond to it :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,095
    Well I'm afraid your mistake was keeping it outside whatever DSR right to cancel time period applied. :( Also I feel you are going to have a hard case to argue it was not as pictured or described...

I can only suggest you vent your dissatisfaction in some particularly splenetic negative feedback.. I recommend (having been just discussing this elsewhere) something along the well-worn, misspelt lines of 'Aweful seller!! Lier! Terrible product, avoid avoid avoid!!' At least you might help some other poor soul avoid your fate..
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Do you think there has been some mis-selling involved as in PPI insurance? Perhaps the next time there's a phone call asking about this you could ask if you have a claim as you never requested it but were sold it anyway! Wonder how many of us would want to make a claim?
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    This has prompted me to check the very small print of the lengthy agreement that my parents unwittingly signed with a D Evil Esq. when they created me. It runs as follows:

1. The product is guaranteed to be of faulty manufacture so any errors arising from its use are not covered in any way, shape or form by me because I don't care.

2. Use of the product may lead to other health conditions (also created by me) and if so, I don't care.

3. The product is guaranteed to cause untold misery and pain to the user and those around them which is a positive result for me - this is the fun side of the product. :D

4. Basically, I don't care. I realise that you, dear user, did not request the delivery and use of the product but, Sunshine, that ain't my problem because I DON'T CARE.

D Evil Esq
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    :lol::lol: Dear Numpty;

I desperately want to return mine too. My DNA has not performed as it should according to the product leaflet.

Pitch it, and start over.
    I feel this thread has legs, probably better ones than any who will respond to it
    :lol:
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    As it's a biological hazard your disposal options will be limited to suitably licensed premises, and an adequate audit trail may be requested at any time.Due to excessive costs of administration the last two organisations to provide this service in the UK, DWP and ATOS have ceased operation.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Excellent thread Numpty!!!!!!

It wasn't till I go to the end I realised I was holding my breath. I was actually waiting for the 'get out clause' :oops:

love

Toni xxx
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Dump. it on here.

Several years ago I knew a lady who had this answer.
    She would write a very full and accurate of her problem/woes/awful medical
    condition, whatever it was she wanted to be rid of.
    She would then tear up her writings and bin them. She reckoned that often
    gave her some relief.

So if you post your description on here and send it to the recycle bin, it might work for you.
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    I wonder if you can return your R.A could you return all the other stinking illnesses to where ever! Maybe you will get a voucher to use on your next illness!! Love the thread and cheered me up after a c****y week!
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Oh Numpty thank you, brilliant :lol::lol::lol: What if we approach whats his face that advertises BOGOF he could maybe campaign for us BOGAF buy one get any free. xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Haha, I knew I could rely on all of you for some excellent suggestions :D
    I was returning a top, which didn't suit me, to M&S, and thought RA doesn't suit me either, if only I could return that so easily :?
    Oh well, I guess not :roll:
    Numpty
  • stickywicket
    I didn't realise M&S sold RA. No wonder their sales are down again.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    What about Harrod's? Isn't it their boast that you can buy anything there?
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    Does that include Alistair Cook?

(Can't find a drooling icon :wink: )
    Steven Wright
  • lazybones2
    lazybones2 Member Posts: 2
    I raed your letter about returns. It brought a big smile to my face,id like to return mine to. :lol:
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Looks like this is going to be a very long returns line......I'm definitely wanting my money back. If I'm offered an exchange, I'm going to have a tantrum or two :x