Vasculitis

Bovey
Bovey Member Posts: 25
edited 20. Jun 2014, 13:48 in Living with Arthritis archive
I have had an eventful 4 weeks. Diagnosed with ischaemic bowel, possible crohns and now they are considering whether or not I have vasculitis. Does anyone have vasculitis. I have had ankylosing spondylitis since a teenager. On humira for 18 mths. Thought my body had suffered enough over the years but the last 4 weeks have been awful. At least the weather is good and all I am able to do is sunbathe. There has to be some perks to being ill, but I wish the people who make ensure drinks were made to drink them themselves, yuk!

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Sorry, Bovey, but I'm pleased to say I've never had vasculitis and know very little about it.

(Humira and sun? Is that wise? I know meth and sun don't mix.)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I've heard of it but don't know what it is. I hope you are using sunscreen because our skins can become very photosensitive when on DMARDs and anti-TNFs. It appears that our bodies never tire of finding ways to hurt us. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • jen9432
    jen9432 Bots Posts: 37
    Vasculitis is another auto immune disease not uncommon when you already have one. It is basically an inflammation of the arteries and veins. The symtoms are often similar to arthritic symptoms in that you get joint and muscle pain, but also can effect organs and other systems.

About the ensure, you are probably better off making your own. All you really need is a good blender or food processor. Lots of great recipes online and juicing recipes also. These are very healthy and not full of sugar or additives. My favourite, I use frozen blueberries, kale, beets, bananas, chia seeds (soaked), yogurt and anything else I find in my crisper! Throw it all in the blender and liquefy and enjoy. The combinations are endless. Good Luck.
  • Bovey
    Bovey Member Posts: 25
    Thanks for the replies. Have just tried the home brew ensure, much better! Thank you! :D
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    It sounds like your immune system is not very happy at the moment, Bovey. Very technical terms, I know!

I feel for you, it's been a tough time for you. :( I don't know much about Vasculitis but it is probably all related to the massive autoimmune flare up you seem to be having. (((Bovey))) take it easy!