The Last Letting Go.

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 27. Jun 2014, 14:24 in Community Chit-chat archive
I arranged her funeral, I sold her house and now I've sold her jewellery (apart from four pieces which no-one else will ever have because they will be burned with me).

On the plus side I used the money raised from the jewels to subsidise a piece of my own (which will be left to my god-daughter). It's a one-off genuine Art Deco ring and it's stunning.

Thank you, Ma and Pa, you made this possible. I love you both very much. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    (((()))) Mig
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    That is a lovely item to buy in memory of your parents and something you will treasure for many years to come.

When my Mum passed away I bought a doll as a replacement for one I'd owned one as a child and it had been lost over the years and I just had a need to replace it. It was my favourite ever Christmas present and my Mum and Sister had encouraged me to buy it at the time.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I hope your doll is somewhere safe, sound and warm, tkachev. And thank you for the hugs, Mig, I am somewhat wobbly.

It's a bittersweet day - but then aren't they all? :? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • jen9432
    jen9432 Bots Posts: 37
    Options
    It's always nice to keep something as a reminder of the love you shared. I have an old ring that was my Gran's and I treasure it every day. Every time I look at it, I think of her and it makes me smile :wink:
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    What a lovely idea to buy yourself a special piece of jewellery. My parents did not leave much money as they never owned their own house and Mum was in a home for the last few years of her life. However I was given a small amount of money when my Dad died which I spent on the garden as he was a keen gardener and I also bought myself a beautiful hand crafted wooden jewellery box as he loved wood. When Mum died I recieved a couple of grand which I used to take my daughter and myself on a dream holiday of a cruise down the Nile and on the first night toaste her with a G and T. These things are never easy, but memories do keep those we love and have lost alive.
    Take it easy and be kind to yourself
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    That's a lovely thing to buy yourself hun.
    I have some cufflinks that were grandads, a pen set that was dad's and am still waiting for something that was grandma's.
    None of the above are worth anything in monetary value but worth the world to me.

You know what's coming your way so brace yourself young lady

YBH'S
    xxxxxxxxxx
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    An excellent idea. I hope the ring brings much pleasure for a long time.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    I am sure it will give you a lot of pleasure as my flat has given me with the money I got from my dear mums estate, enjoy DD (((()))) xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    The ring sounds like a lovely thing to have and to treasure. Letting go is never easy. (((DD)))) x
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    DD Your someone after my own heart! I love jewellery especially rings and necklaces. I too sold my mother-in-laws jewellery after a long discussion with my OH after he told me to do it and I didn't want to. It's so lovely that at the end of a terribly hard you can come out of it with something special to you that will remind you of your parents and that can be passed down. Sending you big (())'s
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    Oh DD I'm so sorry I missed this!!

What a lovely thing to have financed. I'm sure ul treasure it & the pieces you kept!! I'm not surprised you were wobbly ... I'd have been falling in a heap with the losses you've suffered!!

((((Hugs)))) I'm only a message away if you ever need me.

Xxx xxX
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x