My Dad

mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 24. Jun 2014, 18:48 in Community Chit-chat archive
Today Tuesday 24th June my wonderful dad would have been 100 years old,we lost him over twenty years ago it still hurts as much now as it did then,it's also my fantastic daughters 34 th birthday ,happy birthday to both. Mig

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    He would have been 100 today? My Dad was determined to make it to 100 because his mum did, but he died on 26 June 2002, aged 82. :( I remember I had to renew my car tax the same day, a very prosaic thing to do on a very difficult day.

I hope your daughter has a lovely birthday - any treats planned? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    We got her tickets to some cake baking thing she wants to do also hubby got us tickets to see Alfie Boe when he comes to nottm in dec,she's off out with friends tonite . Mig
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Aww Mig..you always miss them, its 21 years for my dad and 30 for my mum...you enjoy your day with your daughter, I am sure your dad knows he is in your thoughts..((()))
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Happy birthday to both, indeed. How lovely that they shared a birthday! I hope you can remember all the good things today and not the sadness of the loss.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Hello Mig
    i hope your daughter has a lovely day. you will have memories of both birthdays.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Happy Birthday to your daughter mig, you enjoy all the nice memories of your lovely dad (((())))....................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,095
    My Dad would have been 100 last year, which I found almost unbelievable to think. Happy birthday to your daughter and happy memories all round. x