Seven days

LignumVitae
LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
edited 8. Jul 2014, 05:18 in Living with Arthritis archive
Seven days - that is all I have to wait for an appointment to see my consultant. Following a fortnight off the meth due to a stomach bug at the start of May things have been on the slide. Like King Canute I did everything I could to deny the tide and like King Canute I am now thoroughly drowning (except I think he just got wet feet).

I went to get a steroid jab yesterday to calm a horrendous flare but due to an impressive reaction to an insect bite I couldn't have one. We decided that the best thing to do was to try and hang on and see my consultant at my very worst with a view to reviewing my meds. I feel awful and I feel very alone. I am in a state of near constant anxiety (so not me) about not letting everybody down. Logically I know the girls probably don't even notice things are different (except we are spending lots of time sitting on the floor learning to roll a ball). When did logic mess with how a flare felt though? I'm a ball of inflammation and I'm so tired. I have really good support around me but that doesn't penetrate those feelings of OH NO, PLEASE NO.

Why does arthritis even exist? When does it stop pestering for a fight? I just need to get through these seven days and then hopefully help will be on hand. I don't know when I will get back to this post. I just needed to acknowledge to myself all that turmoil and loneliness that goes on along with the pain, inflammation, stiffness, tiredness etc.

LV is down but she refuses to be out, she just needs to work out how to cling on for seven more days hopefully.

Love you all lots
Hey little fighter, things will get brighter

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Mega hugs coming your way,keep on fighting it .(((()))) Mig
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Keep strong, seven days will come round quick and I hope things then get sorted for you
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    OK let's start with a few of these (((()))). This is not the real LV. She's in there, with her irrepressible sense of humour and logic and determination but, right now, that evil parasite Arthritis has taken its opportunity to gain the upper hand over the body they share.

I so understand the
    Why does arthritis even exist? When does it stop pestering for a fight? I just need to get through these seven days and then hopefully help will be on hand. I don't know when I will get back to this post. I just needed to acknowledge to myself all that turmoil and loneliness that goes on along with the pain, inflammation, stiffness, tiredness etc.
    It took me right back to my own 'flaring badly with small children' days. It reminded me of how it gets right into your head as well as your joints. But I got past that, LV, and so will you.

You are not alone. We are here with you. We'll do the countdown with you. And the two little LV Juniors will be blissfully unaware of anything wrong.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Hello LV,

I liked the bit about your girls.
    And also the way that you soldier on.
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    My heart goes out to you LV.
    You will get through this, because you have to :?
    As my dad used to say, seven days? That's barely a week!
    Take care ((((()))))
    Numpty
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Oh lovey I do feel for you, and know this is so out of character..I have never heard you moan, so talking in itself will hopefully help if only a little.
    You are such a good mum to your lovely twins , please make more use of the help, if only till you get some relief,it must be so hard trying to carry on through the pain,I really wish I could come and give you a proper hug, but please don't forget we are all here..please let us know how you are getting on from time to time...(((())) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Oh dear LV I cant imagine what you must be feeling like right now, so for a starter have some of these ((((())))) You will get through this because of who you are, you got though your pregnancy with all that was flung at you and you will get through this as well and we will all be there helping you all the way. Here are some (((()))) for the girls till mummy feels a bit better. Hang in there LV count down has started..................lots of love........................Marie xxx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • barbara12
    Just popping in with some more hugs..and thinking about you (((()))) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • LignumVitae
    Thank you everybody. I'm crying now you lovely bunch.

Less than 7 days to go. Thank you, your kind words, hugs and support mean so much xx
  • barbara12
    We are always here LV,so you carry on talking to us lot.. not long like you say..xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    We'll be crossing off the days with you LV. So sorry you are in such a bad way, and I do hope that the appointment will provide some solutions.It's not how you would choose but presenting with full blown symptoms is probably no bad thing in terms of getting something done.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    This is the grim reality of motherhood plus Life with Arthritis and it's far from fun. :cry: Look at your little girls - they are partly why you are enduring this and I am sure they are worth this virulent 'payback'. Arthritis does not appreciate being ignored or squashed, yours is reminding you that it's still around and will do what it will but you are the stronger, believe you me. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    1 down / 6 to go.

Well done on getting through yesterday and on calling for help. I know you're an independent spirit and it won't have been easy, especially with that pain in the neck (and everywhere else) arthritis telling you you were a wimp for giving in. (a)You're not (b)Calling for help is not giving in it's ensuring you don't and (c) It's only a disease. Like Manuel (Fawlty Towers) it knows nothing. Keep going, LV. You're doing great.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Just want to echo what Sticky and others are saying. You got through yesterday so one day less to go.
    We're all here supporting you.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • villier
    One day nearer LV, hang in there keep thinking less than a week to go ((((())))) xx
    day is full of Smiles
  • barbara12
    Hello LV..like the others have said you are a strong person , it cant be easy bringing up the twins with arthritis..but you have and are doing a brilliant job,now you need some help with the pain..one less day... :) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • LignumVitae
    I can't thank you all enough. You are all very very amazing. Well that's now six days and day six is nearly done. I've managed to do nothing in style today. My friend came around this morning and she is one of the girls' favourite people largely because she plays with them so much. She was twizzing and legging and winging will I sat on the rug with which ever girl was having a moment at being still. Then we went out for lunch with my mum so I had to sit and eat. Mr LV was home early so we went out to a lovely little cafe and drank hot chocolate by the canal. I think you all gave me the ability to keep going and the perspective on how to make the best of it all...so thank you again. These days are dropping g like bowling pins (but not if I've been bowling) :) thank you all so much. Love LV xx
  • LisaW
    LisaW Bots Posts: 37
    Big hugs, keep strong! Not much longer to go.
  • stickywicket
    2 down / 5 to go

Doing nothing in style – or even out of style :wink: – is exactly what's required though, when flaring badly, even going out to a restaurant or cafe can seem like climbing a mountain. The emotions have to be cared for though as well as the joints and a change of scenery, especially if pleasant, does help so go for it as and when you can.

I confess I did a double-take when I read 'drank hot chocolate by the....' I was, for some reason, expecting 'bucketful' or something of the kind and was briefly left wondering what a canal-load of hot chocolate would look like :lol:
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Sounds as though yesterday was a much needed tonic. Like the idea of doing nothing in style and hope you manage some more of it. Another day over, another day nearer.
    Julian of Norwich
  • villier
    Getting nearer, hang in there LV, sending a top up of these (((()))) xx
    day is full of Smiles
  • barbara12
    5 days LV...we are with you all the way...wishing you well with everything..(((()))) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • LignumVitae
    Thank you so much everybody for keeping me in your thoughts. You are really helping me get through this. Today has been a hard day after a bad night but it's one more gone and one less to endure. I just really hope my consultant can help me - yes I'm now having the fear that they won't be able to do anything! It's all part of the arthritis flare fear isn't it?! What fun.
    Thank you again, you don't know how much you are helping. As for canals of hot chocolate... Yes please :)
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Hugs (((()))) mig
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Hoping tonight is a better night, and tomorrow a better day.
    ((((()))))
    Keep on keeping on,
    Numpty