FIFA fLUff it.

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 29. Jun 2014, 07:26 in Community Chit-chat archive
How do you deal with a problem like Sanchez? Surely you ban him for life. The man may be a wonderful player but, as a human being, he is unfit to play the supposedly beautiful game. My view is that three bites and you're out. It's time that FIFA grew some but they daren't because (to paraphrase Abba) 'Money, money, money, it's not funny, in the footballing world.' DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Totally agree. Hope Liverpool sack him. There was a great feature on BBC breakfast this morning where a Liverpool primary school used this as a focus for work on acceptable behaviour and role models. The children they spoke to were very clear that it was wrong and he should be punished. One even said she knew a family who had started supporting Everton instead of Liverpool because of him.
    Out of the mouths of babes...
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    He should be banned for life. Mig
  • Slosh
    Think the best punishment and the one that might make him think about his behaviour would be for a, Uruguay to win the World Cup without him and b, for all his sponsors, Adidas etc. to drop him.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    I think his sponsors are getting ready to do just that - maybe a burger chain would take him on. :wink: Uruguay can't win it without him because he is the Uruguayan team and apparently his fellow countrymen think he's been unfairly punished, which beggars my belief: in fact they are appealling agains the ban. I like the ads that are running round the world, Specsavers is the best so far. :lol:

A wise twelve year old Brazilian lad has just said 'I hate his action in biting but I don't hate the man.' When asked what his advice to Suarez would be he said 'Play with your mouth taped shut.' DD
  • Slosh
    I've missed the ads, must look out for them. Like the idea of a burger chain taking him on, maybe a toothpaste manufacturer? Strong teeth?
    Julian of Norwich
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Hello DD
    how about the worlds strongest man with his teeth.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • LisaW
    LisaW Bots Posts: 37
    You aren't far of the make there Slosh. Today one of his sponsors have terminated there contact with him. If your interested in reading the article - http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28053513 .
  • dreamdaisy
    I have heard suggestions that he should have his teeth removed - at least dentures could be removed before playing. I hope Liverpool see sense and sack him - but the trouble with that is they paid around £8,000,000 for him (which is some investment). DD
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    How about when he is playing football he has to wear a mouth guard so he can't bite anyone! He maybe a wonderful player but he's not a role model! Next kids will think it's all right to bite your fellow player on the pitch just because Sanchez the world class player does so.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Suarez, Sanchez will not wish to be tarnished in such a manner.

He seems to think it is acceptable. It doesn't help that the national team have made excuses for his behaviour and defended him, Liverpool did the same. I'm glad to see he has now been punished in the best way possible,by missing the rest of the World Cup and jeopardizing Uruguay's chances of progressing further.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Well I heard that even whilst he can't play for Liverpool, they'll be paying him a huge amount of money. Those wages should be given to charity - not him.

Appalling behaviour.

Someone needs to bite him back - he'll know what it feels like then!

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • Slosh
    I agree, perhaps to a charity that deals with victims of domestic violence.
    Wasn't football once called the beautiful game? Definitely not that now.
    Julian of Norwich
  • jen9432
    jen9432 Bots Posts: 37
    I suspect these footballers are huge celebrities and therefore princesses in their own countries. They get away with murder, quite literally (remember OJ Simpson?). Appaling behaviour especially when young children look up to them so much. The FIFA officials just have to crack down on this sort of behaviour and while they are at it, how about all the dramatics. I say, if you fake an injury you get a red card, if they are not carrying you off the field on a stretcher... RED CARD!! How long before that annoying behaviour stops. It would benefit the game immensely. Just my thoughts.
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    As an LFC fan I'm fully ashamed of the man :oops:
    I hope we sell him asap regardless of the damage it causes my team!!

The children's responses are as classy as I'd expect, they're so much more in tune with right & wrong than many adults!!
    Adults justify & rationalise decisions even when they know they're wrong because money & power come in to play where as children are beautifully pure of thought!!

FIFA Are an utter disgrace in my opinion, just as corrupt as the Olympic lot :x

Xx xX
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • Slosh
    Apparently a 7 year boy in Liverpool was given a fixed term exclusion yesterday for biting another child when playing football. His defence was that he was copying what Suarez had done.
    Julian of Norwich
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Well Uruguay are out of the World Cup now and Suarez will for ever wonder if they could have progressed further in the competition if he was playing. I doubt he'll be such a star in his country now.

He's saying it was an accident but clearly it wasn't.

When you think, they removed the teeth of an autistic boy who kept biting people (which actually was an awful thing to do to the poor boy IMO)

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein