I got some REALLY good exercise today

Starburst
Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
edited 28. Jun 2014, 04:08 in Community Chit-chat archive
This afternoon, I was relaxing in the garden, trying to get my daily dose of vitamin D and suddenly the Fluffster runs up and dumps a large claw of (an obviously) dead bird at my feet. Well, I wouldn't call it run but I did move pretty darn quickly. :lol: My vocal cords may also have got some exercise at the surprise of a bird's claw being delivered to me!

I know cats do this sort of thing but dogs?! Eww! <shudders>

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Aha, you've witnessed the other side of 'owning' an animal. I know that cats do this, apparently as a 'thank you' to those who feed them but it's not unknown for dogs.; the chances are he / she found a dead bird (courtesy of a cat) and dormant instincts cut in. One of my friends has two retired greyhounds, who are the doziest and laziest of house creatures, but when they find some chickens or a deer all hell is let loose. Wildlife nil, greyhounds four (two of each). DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,898
    Hello Starburst
    years ago my dachshund used to bring me baby moles when she was having her walk.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    We have a fox that visits our garden but cats normally stay away due to the dog but perhaps they come at night. I knew that some dogs did this but he's never shown this sort of thing before. I think he was quite proud and I returned his pride by screeching. :P Ooops!
  • LisaW
    LisaW Bots Posts: 37
    Had a dog many moons ago who would chase birds out in the fields and on occasion bring me back some of his catch. Gross!!
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Sophie!

How delightful :shock: NOT!!!

I hope your heart has stopped racing and that your throat has recovered.

Obviously I get this a lot having Daisycat so you have my sympathy.

love

Toni xxx