My fridge is smelly . . . .

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 28. Jun 2014, 07:16 in Community Chit-chat archive
. . . . . but, to my nostrils, in a very pleasant way. We have some friends coming to No.10 early tomorrow evening to eat and stay over so I have splashed out on a medley of cheeses, including one of my favourites: Le Rustique camembert. I adore the smell (as well as the taste) and although it's on the banned list of food not to eat when on humira I care not. :D Mr DD, however, is making retching noises every time he opens the fridge door so I think it's time to move it to the garage fridge and stick it in the cheese box in that one. :wink: DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I'm with Mr DD. The only thing worse is the smell of cooked cheese, really turns my stomach.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Love Camembert, even more covered in breadcrumbs and deep fried served with red current jelly...........ooooh I am salivating now :cry: I hope you have a lovely evening with your friends and try and take it as easy as you can........... DELEGATION :wink: xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    Yum yum! I might be teaching my granny to suck eggs but bicarb in an open pot in the fridge deodorises amazingly. I had a chicken marinating in indian spices and didn't want the smell to contaminate my cheesecake and the bicarb really worked. Might help with the retching of mr dd!
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Sorry to say but I'm a cheddar cheese girl. I don't eat the fancy cheeses. However, I hope you really enjoy it and hey - it's your fridge as well as Mr DD's! If you want to keep slightly odourous cheese in there, so what. Enjoy your evening.
    GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    I'll usually try any cheese but it sounds a bit ripe.My oh is a cheddar man.Mig
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Mmmmm.......

lovely :)

Odd you should post this because our 'garage fridge' is whiffy v v v whiffy in a not so good way :?

love

Toni xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    So's ours now. :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    c085.gif

yum :wink:
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    My fridge is now home to a couple of slices of chocolate, raspberry and amaretto gateau ready for a friend's visit later for tea and cake.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    villier wrote:
    Love Camembert, even more covered in breadcrumbs and deep fried served with red current jelly.

Or studded with cloves of garlic, bunged in the oven in its box and eaten, dripping, with French bread - and friends :D

Correction - don't eat the friends :oops:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright