Injection in the spine for someone with o/aurthitis

christinac47
christinac47 Member Posts: 102
edited 7. Jul 2014, 05:40 in Living with Arthritis archive
I have ask to get one of these things as am in extrem pain but to go home think about it first can anyone tell me if you have had one as I need to my a decision plz hope you are all we'll not been on fo a while

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi. .
    I've had several of these. Some have only worked for a short while while others have had a better result. I now have what's called RADIO LESION THERAPY.
    This involves a fine hollow needle placed on the nerves of the lower spine and radio signals sent down the needle. It kills the nerve. It isn't the most pleasant of procedures I'll be honest but for me it worked a treat. I had a whole year of pain relief from the first one I had. The last one hasn't worked as well but it's still better than before.

I wish you the very best of luck. .
    xx
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello christinac47
    I have had 3 injections in my spine, some of the people having them at the same time swore by them and had them twice a year, but sadly they didn't work for me, so really you have to give them ago and see...good luck and please let us know how you get on.
    Love
    Barbara
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Hiya,

Don't want to put you off but they didn't work for me so I didn't bother again. The local anaesthetic - whilst it was active - was lovely though! I didn't have any sedation - couldn't be bothered to be honest and I couldn't see what was going on as I was laying on my front. Not much worse than any other joint injection in my view from the point of them actually being put in but I know some people don't like to be aware of what's going on. Me - I want to know.

As the others have said, it's worth a go. If they work they work very well. A friend of mine had them done and had relief for nearly a year; she had the second lot done at the year anniversary/interval and they lasted about 4 months. As you can see, the results vary wildly.

At the end of the day it's your decision.

I wish you good luck with these.

Take care,
    GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    I had steroid injections via x-ray direction for sciatica on 3 December 2009 and that pain has not returned. That is a long time for the injection to have worked. I love that man. ;) :-D

Elna
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • christinac47
    Thanks guys for your advice I wanted to get it off poeple who been through this before to give me an idea on how well it works will see how the treatment am on gos then if it's not good will go for the injection take good care of yourselfs my prayers are with you as no one really knows just how bad things can get for us so keep your heads up we are all very strong people xxx
  • tjt6768
    Keep us up to date with your decisions Christina

best wishes

x
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • christinac47
    I have decided not to go in for the injection just going to take the operation if the spine Docter said to do it thanks for your support
  • tjt6768
    Wishing you the very best of luck. Let us know how you go on.
    :D x
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP